Halfords 120 Piece Professional Socket Set 59.99 from 159.99

cs2000

Thanks for posting that, got myself a set; just looking out for when the Torque Wrench price drops a bit

The one I want is about £89 on their site, but its never in the sale. Apparently if you open up a "trade" account with them then you can get massive discounts on tools. But you have to be in the trade to get that.

Thanks for posting that, got myself a set; just looking out for when the Torque Wrench price drops a bit

The one I want is about £89 on their site, but its never in the sale. Apparently if you open up a "trade" account with them then you can get massive discounts on tools. But you have to be in the trade to get that.

Have a look on eBay for the Halfords torque wrenches. I got mine and saved at least £20 off each of them (8-60nm and 60-300nm).

• Like 1

I used a friends trade card this lunch time to pick up the 9 Pc rachet spanner set. they were £39.99 but I paid £37.99. I was a little dissapointed TBH as everyone raves about these trade cards. After speaking to my mate he says that the trade card gets you little of tools etc, but you get a lot of consumables - oil, filters, blades etc.

I used a friends trade card this lunch time to pick up the 9 Pc rachet spanner set. they were £39.99 but I paid £37.99. I was a little dissapointed TBH as everyone raves about these trade cards. After speaking to my mate he says that the trade card gets you little of tools etc, but you get a lot of consumables - oil, filters, blades etc.

The stuff I read on another forum about the halfords trade card said the opposite! And that you didnt save much on consumables but the biggest saving was on the tools! It did say that it doesnt apply to stuff in the sale. So for example if the item was 90quid normally you`d get it for 40quid using trade card. But, in the sale it might already be down to 45quid etc..

Thats what I read anyway! But, it might be different in practise!

The trade cards are great, however once I went to buy ratchet spanner set they were on offer at £40 and I used a trade card and they went up to £45 the bloke said when you use the card it cancels out the offer. So some times it works sometimes it doesn't on sale items. But for most other stuff it reduces it a lot eg bulbs £4 with card 50p.