Tyre Sizes

Dave-350

Ok, so I have got the following

19" 10J ET 24

19" 9J ET 24

I am going to be using PCD adapters so I am guessing ill have to use 20mm at least but I'm not sure?

A slight stretch would be nice but nothing OTT

Edited by Dave-350

19" 10J ET 24

19" 9J ET 24

I am going to be using PCD adapters so I am guessing ill have to use 20mm at least but I'm not sure?

Tyre sizes on 10J and 9J , you're looking at 275/40/19 or 275/35/19 and 245/40/19. With an ET of 24 , I think 15mm's would be more suitable. BTW, until recently I ran 275/30 and 245/35's on 10J and 9J (but on 20" rims) with no problems.

Pete

19" 10J ET 24

19" 9J ET 24

Tyre sizes on 10J and 9J , you're looking at 275/40/19 or 275/35/19 and 245/40/19. With an ET of 24 , I think 15mm's would be more suitable. BTW, until recently I ran 275/30 and 245/35's on 10J and 9J (but on 20" rims) with no problems.

Pete

Is that with any stretch Peter?

Thanks guys

You'll have to go 255 rear and roll and pull the arches I think for a +4 et.

He won't need the arches pulled or rolled I'm running a 10.5" on the rear with ET0 and a 255 tyre.

However fronts will be close depending how low you are.

Edited by Pete87

You'll have to go 255 rear and roll and pull the arches I think for a +4 et.

He won't need the arches pulled or rolled I'm running a 10.5" on the rear with ET0 and a 255 tyre.

However fronts will be close depending how low you are.

Got any pics? :)

I am running pretty low so I will have to work around it once fitted I think!

PS - What are you running on the fronts?

Edited by Dave-350

My set up is 235/35/19 front on a 9.5" ET20 and 255/35/19 on a 10.5" ET20 with 20 mm spacers on the rear which basically means I'm actually running a ET0 on the rear. I have my rear arches rolled but don't think I actually needed it done I had it done in preparation to getting my wheels. I'm sure I have pictures on my build thread or would you like me to get some more and put them on this thread?

My set up is 235/35/19 front on a 9.5" ET20 and 255/35/19 on a 10.5" ET20 with 20 mm spacers on the rear which basically means I'm actually running a ET0 on the rear. I have my rear arches rolled but don't think I actually needed it done I had it done in preparation to getting my wheels. I'm sure I have pictures on my build thread or would you like me to get some more and put them on this thread?

I will find your Build Thread now buddy! Thanks for that though Pete :)

A lot of it is just guess work and measuring every time I've done silly wheels I use online offset calculators which then tells you where the wheel will sit, how much further in or out the wheel will sit ect. Also another good site to use is rim tuck.com I also used that to see what wheels I could squeeze onto the 350. And what most people forget when test fitting wheels is when the suspension goes down the wheel tucks into the arch more as well it doesn't just go straight up but also gets pulled in.

A lot of it is just guess work and measuring every time I've done silly wheels I use online offset calculators which then tells you where the wheel will sit, how much further in or out the wheel will sit ect. Also another good site to use is rim tuck.com I also used that to see what wheels I could squeeze onto the 350. And what most people forget when test fitting wheels is when the suspension goes down the wheel tucks into the arch more as well it doesn't just go straight up but also gets pulled in.

Yea that's correct. I think I am running -2 degrees camber on the front after dropping it which isn't too bad/mad!

The rears are spot on!

I am lowered quite a bit more but that shouldn't be a problem - I hope!

So you have a 255 stretch over a 10.5J - Quite a stretch so my 10J should be a little less which is good.

And you have a 235 stretched over a 9.5J - I wonder if a 225 on a 9J would be ok?

Why do people do this? I don't get it? The car will handle like poo and too much of a stretch looks silly.

I don't mind a slight stretch and wheels filling the arches but ridiculous camber looks atrocious and does not help the drive/capability of the car on bit

yeh a 235 on a 9" rim will be fine its hardly stretched on my 9.5" so you will be fine, you could prob get away with running a 225 awell if you wanted. And you will be fine with a 255 on a 10" rim its quite stretched on mine but dont for get your rim will be 12.5mm skinnier than mine.

well she handles just fine thanks and i like the look of it as do many other people so im happy.

Edited by Pete87

Why do people do this? I don't get it? The car will handle like poo and too much of a stretch looks silly.

I don't mind a slight stretch and wheels filling the arches but ridiculous camber looks atrocious and does not help the drive/capability of the car on bit

I guess its personal taste. Just like I wouldn't like to have Vinyl on the side of my car.

I wont be having ridiculous camber or stretch. And it wont drive like poo if set up correctly after changing the wheels, which a lot of people don't do.

The wheels I have just bought are Borbet style 95 - BMW fitment.

Once fitted this is what I will have;

5839031118_7187d2aacd_b.jpg

How is that not to anyone's taste? :)

Edited by Dave-350

Yeah a few cars have those wheels over here now but to have the car that low means literally zero suspension movement, which in turn leaves the handling terrible.

I know my cars not to everybody's taste but only really comes out when's there's a major event/run on or when going to the racetrack. If it was my daily then there's no way id have it vinyld up.

it looks sweet sometimes i wish i didnt do the splitter and skirts as i was able to be 20mm lower with out them i love stanced cars no matter what they are ive got bbs ch's on my audi a3 8" front and 9" rears which on an a3 is quite wide.

Yeah a few cars have those wheels over here now but to have the car that low means literally zero suspension movement, which in turn leaves the handling terrible.

I know my cars not to everybody's taste but only really comes out when's there's a major event/run on or when going to the racetrack. If it was my daily then there's no way id have it vinyld up.

Yea I was behind you entering Santa Pod a few weeks back. You went up with a load of other Jap cars I noticed.

Well I am pretty low and yes my suspension is very firm but it does tend to handle better than OEM suspension around the track. But I am not massively fussed as I don't track it that often.

Providing it is still smooth to drive and feels good I will be happy. I certainly wouldn't sacrifice the ride for larger/wider wheels, but I am confident I can get it set up to get the best of both wheels.

• Like 1

Yea I was behind you entering Santa Pod a few weeks back. You went up with a load of other Jap cars I noticed.

Well I am pretty low and yes my suspension is very firm but it does tend to handle better than OEM suspension around the track. But I am not massively fussed as I don't track it that often.

Providing it is still smooth to drive and feels good I will be happy. I certainly wouldn't sacrifice the ride for larger/wider wheels, but I am confident I can get it set up to get the best of both wheels.

what you saw the A3? yeh she is my work horse now but was my pride and joy before i got the 350 took me 6 months to work out what wheels i could get on that as know one had done it to an A3 then.

what you saw the A3? yeh she is my work horse now but was my pride and joy before i got the 350 took me 6 months to work out what wheels i could get on that as know one had done it to an A3 then.

I meant Neils 350Z! But you should put pics up of the A3 :)