Tyre Sizes

Dave-350

Yeah a few cars have those wheels over here now but to have the car that low means literally zero suspension movement, which in turn leaves the handling terrible.

I know my cars not to everybody's taste but only really comes out when's there's a major event/run on or when going to the racetrack. If it was my daily then there's no way id have it vinyld up.

Yea I was behind you entering Santa Pod a few weeks back. You went up with a load of other Jap cars I noticed.

Well I am pretty low and yes my suspension is very firm but it does tend to handle better than OEM suspension around the track. But I am not massively fussed as I don't track it that often.

Providing it is still smooth to drive and feels good I will be happy. I certainly wouldn't sacrifice the ride for larger/wider wheels, but I am confident I can get it set up to get the best of both wheels.

what you saw the A3? yeh she is my work horse now but was my pride and joy before i got the 350 took me 6 months to work out what wheels i could get on that as know one had done it to an A3 then.

I meant Neils 350Z! But you should put pics up of the A3 :)

I wasn't at the pod mate? My cars in pieces just now :-s

Yeah a few cars have those wheels over here now but to have the car that low means literally zero suspension movement, which in turn leaves the handling terrible.

I know my cars not to everybody's taste but only really comes out when's there's a major event/run on or when going to the racetrack. If it was my daily then there's no way id have it vinyld up.

Yea I was behind you entering Santa Pod a few weeks back. You went up with a load of other Jap cars I noticed.

Well I am pretty low and yes my suspension is very firm but it does tend to handle better than OEM suspension around the track. But I am not massively fussed as I don't track it that often.

Providing it is still smooth to drive and feels good I will be happy. I certainly wouldn't sacrifice the ride for larger/wider wheels, but I am confident I can get it set up to get the best of both wheels.

what you saw the A3? yeh she is my work horse now but was my pride and joy before i got the 350 took me 6 months to work out what wheels i could get on that as know one had done it to an A3 then.

I meant Neils 350Z! But you should put pics up of the A3 :)

I wasn't at the pod mate? My cars in pieces just now :-s

It was definitely the same as yours! I couldn't miss it with that vinyl, was it pod or Combe? I cant remember but I am sure it was pod. Japfest?

This is before the drop, but you can see it's pretty flush.

IMG_0788.jpg

I have none at a right angle, but these are the rest taken at the same time as the first picture.

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

See ideally I would like a little bit more poke. And you haven't got any stretch on there so it should be perfect with a 255 on a 10j at ET4? I think.

It'll work, you'll just have to roll the arches, providing you're dropped 30mm?

At et4 you'll sit out 16mm more than me, but your tyres are 10mm thinner on each side, so the tyre will only be 6mm further out than mine which will sit well with a roll. Since i've rolled mine now, I can get my palm inside the arch, so nearly an inch of clearance.

Having said all this, you'll also have a 7mm smaller sidewall than mine which will give you a bit more clearance.

It'll work, you'll just have to roll the arches, providing you're dropped 30mm?

At et4 you'll sit out 16mm more than me, but your tyres are 10mm thinner on each side, so the tyre will only be 6mm further out than mine which will sit well with a roll. Since i've rolled mine now, I can get my palm inside the arch, so nearly an inch of clearance.

Having said all this, you'll also have a 7mm smaller sidewall than mine which will give you a bit more clearance.

Not sure the drop in mm. I am pretty low though, I will have to get the lips rolled then which is probably a good idea! Cant wait to get them fitted!

Depends how much stretch you want if you want the same as mine go for the smaller tyres if mine is to much go for the 235 and 255. If I was you I'd go for the bigger tyres you will have more rubber on the road.

Edited by Pete87

Depends how much stretch you want if you want the same as mine go for the smaller tyres if mine is to much go for the 235 and 255. If I was you I'd go for the bigger tyres you will have more rubber on the road.

And stick with 35 profile front and back?

Do you think a 255 would work with ET-1 on a 10J?

Yeh stick with 35 profile and a -1 offset will work but you will need your arches rolling. I'm running a 10.5j with a 0 offset and mine doesn't rub so I'm sure you will be fine.

Edited by Pete87

Yeh stick with 35 profile and a -1 offset will work but you will need your arches rolling. I'm running a 10.5j with a 0 offset and mine doesn't rub so I'm sure you will be fine.

Would 10.5J ET0 be the same as 10J ET0 in terms of how far it sticks out?

Half an inch difference yes 12.5 mm however the wheel will poke out 6mm more as well as have 6mm less inner clearance. The half inch is spread over the whole wheel. Take a look as this it might help you understand how widths and offsets work mate.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#Results

Edited by Pete87

I've just swapped over to new wheels and now got;

Rear = 265/40/18 on 10 wheels with offset of 15

Front = 245/40/18 on 9.5 wheels with offset of 20

No spacers

Really happy with the look of how they sit and fill up the wheel archs on a standard body Z and the tyres sit nicely on the wheels.

Obviously no problems with rubbing at this stage but next step is to lower (only 20mm) which again I think I will be fine with.