price on respray same colour

ddcboyle

Out of curiosity for when I do take off my vinyl, which is probably at the wns of the year, whats a normal price to have a car resprayed the same colour as it was originally. My zed is silver underneath the vinyl. Only reason id look at respray is because bonnet is stone chipped, front bumper is replica in white and fender has paint cracked on edge. Would look out of place if I got 3 panels resprayed.

I get my car back tomorrow night, after having the bonnet bumper and wings sprayed sunset orange. That was £300 in total and also included smoothing the front badge but I have been told before that the prices in Scotland are quite a bit cheaper than down south.

Ask RT-Performance.co.uk :)

I always seem to be pming them about prices haha, they might be getting sick of it :p wont be til end of the year though, but intend on getting skirts and possibly chargespeed rear bumper so whole bodykit will need respray, thats why im thinking it could be cheaper and more beneficial getting car resprayed

If prob be looking closer to 1k but it depends what sort of full respect ur after, u can have it done properly, under the bonnet engine bay and all the bits u don't really see or just a surface respray

I also know smartcar will do it cheaper in winter time as they are much quieter in the colder months

Edited by Dannyg

Ive seen alot of dodgy spraying where it starts to crack all over etc, thats my main worry. And I womt know until 6months down the line. Again I could just have front respray, but will it be obvious the fromt has been done and rear hasnt?

Based west london but I go to scotland for 2weeks every 3 months. So edinburgh or london area

There is a lot of places accross the central belt of Scotland that would be cheaper. I can ask when I pick my car up how much he would have charged for a full respray to give you an idea.

Based west london but I go to scotland for 2weeks every 3 months. So edinburgh or london area

There is a lot of places accross the central belt of Scotland that would be cheaper. I can ask when I pick my car up how much he would have charged for a full respray to give you an idea.

Yeah if you could :) just so I get an idea to start saving

Ideally. 600 for whole car, does that sound too low a budget?

I paid £600 to have an entire car resprayed once, but that was back in about 1996 and that was cheap back then.

it really depends on each bodyshop really. Some will be more flexible, especially if they are smaller "one man band" type places. Some even drop the price if you do all the prep etc. If you go to a bigger place which is used to doing insurance work then they will charge you the earth.

Either way, definitely try to see some of their previous work first. The quality of work ive seen varies drastically.

Im just looking to get rid of stone chips and just buff the outside back up again. Dont need inside engine area etc done

Silver is one of the harder colours to match I have heard, however if you get the bonnet bumper and wings then they will be able to blend them so by the time it reaches the door pannel and pillars it shouldn't be noticable.

Did you not wrap your car yourself ?

re wrap it in forrest matt green :)

My advice is dont skimp on cost you get what you pay for it you want a really good job then its going to cost id say at agrand your still going to have problems down the line just save and save and save then get a top-quality job done my mate kay owns

http://www.xquisiteautomotive.co.uk/

Have a look at there work :)

They quoted £2.4k for my zed (without door shuts and engine bay), they did the all the supra's too a couple of years ago.

My advice is dont skimp on cost you get what you pay for it you want a really good job then its going to cost id say at agrand your still going to have problems down the line just save and save and save then get a top-quality job done my mate kay owns

http://www.xquisiteautomotive.co.uk/

Have a look at there work :)

They quoted £2.4k for my zed (without door shuts and engine bay), they did the all the supra's too a couple of years ago.

Yea there prices are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for