Spray tans - possibly the wrong place to ask but here goes anyway ...

twobears

Has anyone here had a spray tan and, if so, what exactly did it involve? I believe that more men are having spray tans these days so I thought it was worth asking ;)

It's not something that I would ever have considered previously but I heard a programme on R4 about it and found out that you can actually have a more natural looking tan applied rather than the full David Dickinson :scare: I wouldn't leave my house if I were to be sprayed orange or deep mahogany but a light brown colour does appeal :) I hate sunbathing so I have a farmer's tan most of the year - face, arms but not a lot else :wacko:

Thanks HaydnH, I've not got a PhD so I should be able to follow the instructions :lol:

SMD, thanks for your kind offer but NOOOOOOOOOOO :scare:

BBK, you are just perfect as you are - but I would say that since you're my son :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks BBK, I am going to go up to the nearest town at lunchtime and book myself in for next week. I will make them absolutely promise not to make me look like a piece of antique furniture that's been polished with too much Mr Sheen :blush:

There's a really nice Clarins beauty salon in town so I think I'll be ok there, fingers crossed. I might ask a couple of friends first but I think they go to the other salon whose end results seem a bit too dark for me :dry:

Its really simple. Staff member of mine does it for a side job. She's currently at a beauty college. Wear paper undies, get blasted with tan. Lots of colours to pick from and you can get a nice even tan.

Lots of colours? Could Smudgeon get purple? ;)

Its really simple. Staff member of mine does it for a side job. She's currently at a beauty college. Wear paper undies, get blasted with tan. Lots of colours to pick from and you can get a nice even tan.

Lots of colours? Could Smudgeon get purple? ;)

Yeah, but probably not the right shade...

atkin, can you ask Zoe where I should go please? I live about 5 miles from Howden. I've rung both the local salons but one does Fake Bake which my friends say is quite dark and heavy so that's ruled out and the other one doesn't actually spray the tanning solution on so I don't fancy that either. Thanks, Annie :)

atkin, can you ask Zoe where I should go please? I live about 5 miles from Howden. I've rung both the local salons but one does Fake Bake which my friends say is quite dark and heavy so that's ruled out and the other one doesn't actually spray the tanning solution on so I don't fancy that either. Thanks, Annie :)

She is siennaX Qualified which is like a premium brand of spray tan, she has a mobile set up and is based in the Driffield area. the siennaX is supposed to be able to do a wide range of shades