Newbie in the North East

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum as I am looking to move onto another jap motor away from my current trusty MR2 Turbo, which had just undergone and expensive full renovation.

Always had an eye for the Zed and found myself more than casually looking at them over the last month or so. Been with the Mr2 for probably 10yrs now, so maybe its time for a move.

Despite having a healthy interest in the Zed, I've not been fortunate to test drive or even get a good nosey around one, so I'm hoping there maybe someone in the North East (Darlington area), who might assist in that objective.

I'm already talking to a couple of guys who have Zed's for sale, but unfortunately they are well down the country. I would just like to satisfy my lust for the Zed to put my mind at ease before I go too far and do something I could potentially regret.

I look forward to getting involved with the group

Many thanks

Graeme

Alreet!

With regards to your quest for a test drive, I'm in Sunderland like and you can have a go but bear in mind that my cats are blowing so it will be hellishly louder than what you will buy. But it will give you an idea of what it is like to drive, just don't be put off by the slight shabbiness of my pride and joy as it is a work in progress, she's kind of like a rescue dog!

I'm home on the weekend so gimme a shout if ya wanna hook up at a halfway point to go for a blast.

Phil

Do it nice or do it twice!

welcome mate, i come from the same background as you owned loads of mr2 turbo, if you look at my posts i have put some pics up in other cars of my mr2 see what you think. you wont go far wrong with the z mate cracking car and the guys are really helpful here.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, been having a good read through the forum pages and everyone sounds great, very helpful and an all round good crowd.

OV53 YPA I will give you a shout and make my way over to Sunderland, will be good to get a taste of what the zed is like.....something I always loved the look of. I think after 10yrs married to the 2 its time to let her go to a new owner, and let a new chapter of my life start :-) with Zed ownership.

I'll drop you a pm once I have sorted out where the heck in the country I will be this week. I am usually based over at Durham Tees Valley Airport, but do travel a lot with work.

I'm only back in the north east til tomorrow like otherwise it may be 3 weeks til I'm back next. Gimme a shout anyways just in case I don't get offshore next week.

Do it nice or do it twice!

I can make it tomorrow no problem at all, where to you want to meet, I will be coming from Darlington, anytime after about 11 would be good for me, will be about all day and evening.......and looking forward :-)