Its no Zunsport Grill... but it was a fraction of the cost...

fellsteruk

Really wanted a grill for the Z but it wasnt at the top of my list for mods and being almost £100 i decided to make my own for a fraction of the cost... Its not perfect but i am proper pleased with the end result... What you think... May upgrade to a zunsport in the future...

First attempt at making a Template

photo+%25285%2529.JPG

First rough cut with edge added

photo+%25286%2529.JPG

Installed

photo+%252810%2529.JPG

photo+%25289%2529.JPG

for best fit, try cutting the fins out, then mounting the mesh up from behind, this will mean the fins arent visible anymore and there are no gapped edges. the whole thing can then be all bonded on out of sight, and no need for trim finishers then as well.

but what you have done looks good.

just becareful of the black finish on that mesh, it hips easy and once moisture gets in it rusts and the paint peels off.

if you want woven stainless mesh to DIY with

http://www.wovenwire.../cargrilles.htm

you will need to bond/or weld the cut edges to stop it coming apart. but its good stuff, and if you ewant it black, try plasti dipping it or getting it powder coated. normal car paint will just chip off it.

Edited by rtbiscuit

Looks good mate, any shots from further away?

Will see what I can do :)

And loose the number plate holder

I like the idea of that, how many holes ami likely to have in my bumper when I take it off?

Fantastic, have to give it a shot. Where did to get the mesh and edging from?

Good old ebay, was £10 for the mesh, about £10 for 4 meters of the edge, got the badge on ebay also :)

What he said ^^

Neater finish and sits further back so you get some depth to the bumper. Needs to be ripped off of you need towing though :lol:

I had mine done

SDC10212.jpg

I like the look of this do u have a how to guide for this, do they just pop out or do you have to cut them :)

Good job!!

Or at least put the plate on square to the holder. Those screws holding the plate on are not the correct ones and are in the wrong position too :p .

Pete

H

Good job!!

Or at least put the plate on square to the holder. Those screws holding the plate on are not the correct ones and are in the wrong position too :p .

Pete

I will be... This is how I got it, I am just waiting for my paperwork from dvla and my personal plate is going on her so will be remounting that properly :)