Generator for my garage

I have been thinking about this for a while, I have s nice big double garage but no power as I live on the 2nd floor :surrender:

I have some motion sensor battery lighrs but I have been thinking about a generator for some lights and the odd power tool etc to save taking things up to the flat all the time...

At first I thought solar powered but by the time you but battery(s) and solar charger and inverter its expensive and not really up to much.

So I thought about a small petrol generator, anyone got suggestions? May be a little noisy but wouldn't be for very long or that often to be honest.... a 2kw one should do the job and smaller/quieter the better I guess :shrug:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Honda-EU10i-Petrol-Portable-Generator/dp/B0051OLH4I/ref=sr_1_5/277-4261067-6766206?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1373207958&sr=1-5&keywords=honda+generators+silent

look at the price of this and then the price of the clarke one and remember you will get what you pay for.

Seen one of these in action and it was quiet.

Yeah I have seen those, very nice, even the older Honda ones still go for good money they seem to last a lifetime if looked after & serviced :thumbs:

I have been thinking about this for a while, I have s nice big double garage but no power as I live on the 2nd floor :surrender:

I have some motion sensor battery lighrs but I have been thinking about a generator for some lights and the odd power tool etc to save taking things up to the flat all the time...

At first I thought solar powered but by the time you but battery(s) and solar charger and inverter its expensive and not really up to much.

So I thought about a small petrol generator, anyone got suggestions? May be a little noisy but wouldn't be for very long or that often to be honest.... a 2kw one should do the job and smaller/quieter the better I guess :shrug:

I would want to move heaven and earth if poss to get an armoured cable run down the building and into the garage but appreciate its easier said than done. Under the cover of darkness and tucked behind a drainpipe comes to mind.....lol

I would want to move heaven and earth if poss to get an armoured cable run down the building and into the garage but appreciate its easier said than done. Under the cover of darkness and tucked behind a drainpipe comes to mind.....lol

The garage is away from the building too :cry:

I will keep an eye on eBay for a little Honda one I guess.....