mpg clocks etc still in jap...

cmr1991

If you get the UK dials they are plug and play however the clock will not work so will always read --:-- which i found annoying, To fix this you need the Heater brain from a UK car, the white box that sits behind the heater adjusters again plug and play but both parts cost around 70-80 each i believe, i however found the brain for 99p on ebay which is why i bought it as i dont believe anyone else had fixed the clock issue before and i was testing to see if it would fix the clock which it did and gave a fully functioning triple cluster

Edited by rodgeevans

I have the UK dials and have the same issue with the clock. Everything else works fine, and it was just plug and play.

That's the first time I have come across the information about the heater "brain". Must have a look to see if I can get hold of one. :)

I had never heard it either but came to the conclusion that the dials werent getting a signal knowing that the brain controlled the dials i guessed that a uk one may fix the problem and for 99p was a gamble worth taking. I did post pictures up at the time with the part number i will see if i can find it