How to set clock for UK tripple gauge fitted to JDM Solution added 31/1/2013

rodgeevans

I recently swapped my JDM tripple gauges for UK ones and now the gauges have the clock feature but it is currently unset. How do i set this to the correct time is it possible, i have tried holding down the button that normally resets the tripple gauge readouts but i cant seem to work it out.

Edited by rodgeevans

I think you have to hold down the actual button that you use to cycle through the read outs, then use the bottom button to change the time, tapping the top button again to move to minutes.

I'm almost sure this is how I did it, I'll check later...

arhh i did do a search but searched clock setting sorry. well holding down the lower button seems not do clock setting but change it to another of the readouts somehow.. I will try the other suggestion but was wondering if its because it was a JDM and i but Uk gauges in and there something missing for the clock to work correctly.

And holding down the lower button is how i thought it would be done which is why i was shocked when it didnt and thought well now i haven't a clue.

Thats right all i get is the --:-- where the clock should be, im starting to think it needs something else to get the clock function to work correctly as the set feature does not seem to work. Its not a big issue as just having the consumption in mpg and dte in miles makes the mod worth it would just be nice to get the clock working, i wonder if anyone who has done this mod has got the clock working or does it require a new cable and control box at the least.

• 10 months later...

Right managed to find a UK heater control brain The white box behind the heater controls on ebay for 99p bargin price as most seem to go for quite a lot of money normally. Knowing that this is what sends a signal to the tripple gauges i thought it worth while to buy and fit and see if it fixed the clock not working. for information The numbers on the unit were 27760 CF005. Any way cut a long story short i fitted the unit this evening and

20130131_174734.jpg

the --:-- that randomly flashes or stays constant has been replaced with a working clock

pictures of unit

T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeSrfBQviwO60_35_zps7453da01.jpg

T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjoBQ5-P60_35_zpsd27c5a88.jpg

Edited by rodgeevans