How to keep the neighbours fat cat off my car?!?!?!?!

tracymg

Lots of suggestions, thanks everyone... not sure I could use all of them though :lol: I don't want any harm to come to the big fat cat, I just want it away from my car. Actually, the neighbours who it belongs too, their cars always look nice and sparkling, maybe I should ask for their advice too :teeth:

I will go to the shop tonight and buy all the pepper and lemon juice I can find and see how that goes I think.

Well if one of my dogs causes damage I'm held responsible for it as I'm supposed to be in charge of the animal. :shrug:

That's because dogs have to be licensed, as they are a far higher risk. Nobody, to my knowledge, has ever been mauled to death by a domestic cat.

"Dog owners have a stated duty to control and supervise their pet when in a pubic place and manage where they can go and their actions, whereas cats are considered to have a legal 'right to roam'- although this does not release the cat owner from potential liability and responsibility under the law if their pet causes damage to another person or the property belonging to them"

It would appear that owners are responsible.

• Like 1

"Dog owners have a stated duty to control and supervise their pet when in a pubic place and manage where they can go and their actions, whereas cats are considered to have a legal 'right to roam'- although this does not release the cat owner from potential liability and responsibility under the law if their pet causes damage to another person or the property belonging to them"

i live in an area where there must be at least 10 different cats, if you can pinpoint which cat did what you're doing well.

my cats down sit on cars, but my neighbours cat likes the bonnet of my V8, as its proper toasty. but most if any scratches come out with a polish.

i live in an area where there must be at least 10 different cats, if you can pinpoint which cat did what you're doing well.

my cats down sit on cars, but my neighbours cat likes the bonnet of my V8, as its proper toasty. but most if any scratches come out with a polish.

Exactly, its not the sort of thing you would follow up on unless it was happening all the time and began to cost quite a few quid to repair. You could always get video/photo evidence and contact animal control to capture the cat and see who the owners are. Again, not something you wold bother with unless it was getting rediculous and you'd already tried discouraging the cat from your property.

thing is if a cat was on my bonnet i wouldnt want to scare it off as it will dig in its nails for a quick escape making the damage worse. is it then the pet owners fault or the car owners fault. if the car owner hadn't scared it off it wouldnt have left the scratches.

a detterent is far better than an offensive scarer offerer

citron, pepper are all good deterrents, could grow lemon grass and lemon balm near the car

You'd have to prove negligence. Is it negligent to let your cat outside? No, of course not as they have that right to roam, so unless you'd trained it specifically to attack one particular car then any lawsuit would be dismissed.