Warranty about to expire. Worth extending?

Jalada

The warranty on the 370Z I bought last week (privately) is due to expire in a few days. I've booked in to take the car to the local dealership to ask about extending the warranty for another year. The previous owner was quoted £800 for it, which feels quite steep to me... My main thought is peace of mind as I've only just got the car.

But I thought it best to check with you guys (the experts!) as to your thoughts. I'm all for cancelling the booking and putting the £800 in savings instead if you think that's a better idea. As an aside, I'm not mechanically minded.

Oh, and it's a 2010 black edition with 20k miles on the clock & I'm the 3rd owner.

Edited by Jalada

Seriously i wouldnt bother, in my experience most warranties are not worth the paper they are written on and the extended warranties are worse. Slightest excuse and it doesnt come under the terms and conditions of the warranty and you areleft with the cost anyway. Some also limit what you can claim and how often.

Must admit though to counter that trend my local nissan garage have been brilliant and fixed everything i've asked them too under warranty or as a goodwill gesture. Im doubting th extended warranty would offer the same cover though.

I didnt bother.

Nope don't bother with it mate. I looked at warranty wise and all the rubbish...£800 was around the mark. Madness. Keep it for tax/insurance lol. Z's whether its a 350 or a 370 are fairly reliable bar some bits and bobs but nothing too major. Its an expensive car the Z's so you will spend money at some point. Case in point for my 350 at least is the bushes on the bannan arm thingy. (i only got the usual 3 month warranty from Lotus when I bought mine too). Honestly wouldn't worry about it, i'm assuming u did a good look at the car before buying it so after that you just gotta take it as it comes lol

I had a sneaky suspicion that was going to be the response after doing a quick search on here too. Fair enough, I will take your advice!

i'm assuming u did a good look at the car before buying it so after that you just gotta take it as it comes lol

Yeah as best as I could; got an AA vehicle inspection too which all came up clear.

• Like 1