Recommend me some products

MartynB85

Hi Guys

Can you experienced detailers recommend me some good products to use on my GM zed please? There are so many out there it's hard to choose any. I also looked in the 'detailing guide' thread but it is a good few years old and maybe there are newer, better things out there....

I'm looking for a light abrasive polish to remove swirls etc, and then a good long lasting wax. Also are there any 'all in one' non abrasive polish with wax products that i can use after every wash? I have a rotary polisher, but i only have some trade G3 and it's too abrasive and makes a bloody mess.... I have to clean my car outside so being able to use in sunlight would help too.

Any input would be appreciated! :)

Thanks

Polish - I use, and would recommend, Menz 203S & 85RE.

Wax - of durability is your main requirement, you're better off with a nano or glass sealant (12-24 months), G-Techniq would currently be my choice for this. If you specifically want wax then FK1000P is a hybrid but very durable one (6 months).

All in one - Werkstat Prime (either Acrylic if going sealant or Carnuba for waxes on top should you so wish). Both variations of this work best when used with the full kit though, i.e. the respective Trigger & Glos, however both 'systems' are incredibly easy to use and will give 3-5months protection depending on how many layers you do.

As for being able to use in direct sunlight - anything Poorboys is great for this, but the waxes will only give 2-3 months protection and EX/EX-P up to about 4 months realistically.

Autoglym SRP has one of the least abrasive polishing grades but also a good paint cleanser.

The New Formulation version now has an even more durable sealant action too.

Great results by machine.

As it fills the swirls as well as lightly polishing the surface, there's less chance of damaging the paint.

Just remember the fillers can wash out over time so topping with a wax will mean you only need to use it once or twice a year depending on how swirled the paint is.

Don't know much about polish but I'd suggest Angelwax Quick Exterior Detailer for your kit. Since I got some in a Wxybox I've found it superb for just after a quick mid-week wash. Goes on quick and easy, looks good, reasonably priced.