Engine Warning Light on (370Z)

adevine

Hello Everyone,

Wondering if you can help,

Recently fitted an Gemini Invidia Exhaust with Invidia HFC's to my 370z (Thanks Tarmac Sportz). However after 30 miles or so my engine light has since come on adn i was wondering if anyone has had the same issue? I was kind of ecpecting it to come on then to go off but this has not happened and im now into about 500 miles with the new exhaust.

Any ideas?????

I have been told it could be the O2 sensors? Spacers may solve the issue. However i wanted other peoples opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

P.S why does it take so long to upload a pic on here?????? :rant:

I thought spacers are only required when decatting

Have you tried an ECU reset

no problems with loading pictures, more likely operator error :) Most of us use Photobucket, makes it even easier. There is a guide in Forum Help if you havent used it before and its also free to use.

I thought spacers are only required when decatting

Have you tried an ECU reset

no problems with loading pictures, more likely operator error :) Most of us use Photobucket, makes it even easier. There is a guide in Forum Help if you havent used it before and its also free to use.

No ECU reset as yet, i wanted to get some ideas as to what it may be. Will probably end up taking it to Nissan and get a remap??

Ill use photo bucket me thinks, thanks! :)

Will probably end up taking it to Nissan and get a remap??

forget taking it to Nissan for this... take it to someone who knows what they are doing instead!

Abbey Motorsport or Horsham developments both of which are traders on here :thumbs:

Will probably end up taking it to Nissan and get a remap??

forget taking it to Nissan for this... take it to someone who knows what they are doing instead!

Abbey Motorsport or Horsham developments both of which are traders on here :thumbs:

Just had a look and its a bit of a treck for me, Might be the only option though, Thanks.

whats the code thats causing the CEL

If your handy with a computer I can sort this remote once I send you a Uprev cable to borrow.

Mark,

Im not sure of the code, im currently working in Norway at the moment, Ill get the code when im home in a week and ill contact you. Thanks for your help.

• 10 months later...

Pedal Dance:

1) With the key in your pocket/car, push the Engine Start button TWICE (so the car is fully on, but not started)

2) Within three seconds of the car "ON" (again NOT started), Floor (all the way down) and Release the gas pedal fully 5 times within 5 seconds.

Do not do this too fast.. 1..2..3..4..5

3) Wait 7 seconds then floor the gas pedal and hold for 10 seconds. After that 10 seconds the Check Engine Light will start to blink slowly.

4) Release the pedal and floor it down once again and hold for 10 seconds. After these 10 seconds the check engine light will disappear then

Hello Everyone,

Recently fitted an Gemini Invidia Exhaust with Invidia HFC's to my 370z (Thanks Tarmac Sportz). However after 30 miles or so my engine light has since come on adn i was wondering if anyone has had the same issue? I was kind of ecpecting it to come on then to go off but this has not happened and im now into about 500 miles with the new exhaust.

Any ideas?????

I have been told it could be the O2 sensors? Spacers may solve the issue. However i wanted other peoples opinion.

Will be oxygen sensor, had exactly the same thing happen on mine when I had my cobra exhaust fitted, only my engine light came on about 5 mins down the road, done a quick u-turn back to the garage, plugged in the laptop, sure enough, oxygen sensor fault, got it re-set, light out, been ok ever since.

Hello Everyone,

Any ideas?????

Will be oxygen sensor, had exactly the same thing happen on mine when I had my cobra exhaust fitted, only my engine light came on about 5 mins down the road, done a quick u-turn back to the garage, plugged in the laptop, sure enough, oxygen sensor fault, got it re-set, light out, been ok ever since.

Just fyi ~ that post you quoted was from May 2013 so I think he'll have got it sorted by now. Or possibly have sold the car. :lol:;)

• Like 1

Pedal Dance:

1) With the key in your pocket/car, push the Engine Start button TWICE (so the car is fully on, but not started)

2) Within three seconds of the car "ON" (again NOT started), Floor (all the way down) and Release the gas pedal fully 5 times within 5 seconds.

Do not do this too fast.. 1..2..3..4..5

3) Wait 7 seconds then floor the gas pedal and hold for 10 seconds. After that 10 seconds the Check Engine Light will start to blink slowly.

4) Release the pedal and floor it down once again and hold for 10 seconds. After these 10 seconds the check engine light will disappear then

Thank you for that :)

Hello Everyone,

Any ideas?????

Just fyi ~ that post you quoted was from May 2013 so I think he'll have got it sorted by now. Or possibly have sold the car. :lol:;)

oh yeah....oops, my bad.

Hello Everyone,

Any ideas?????

oh yeah....oops, my bad.

:lol:

Still, your post might help someone else out. ;)