Write off?

Luke0549

Don't worry, it's not like there's a whole thread on a public forum of the accident, along with photographic evidence. I'm sure the insurer will never find out.

;)

Just a thought but what's happening with the fence damage. Were the police involved? You might have no control over the insurance needing to know. Not trying to be negative, but worth bearing in mind?

Edited by leonk

if the police trace your vehicle through CCTV it can cause you alot of trouble, i think you can be charged with leaving the scene of an accident or something to that liking

Police were driving past, so stopped to make sure no-one was injured etc.

Wow, the size of that rear wing on that car im surprised the car didnt fly off and into space.

:lol: Sorry to see the smash but please if you get another one dont put that spoiler back on :scare:

ahaha, the spoiler is just for track use. i came back from nurburgring on monday night and didnt have time to take it off before i went to work on tuesday.

if the police trace your vehicle through CCTV it can cause you alot of trouble, i think you can be charged with leaving the scene of an accident or something to that liking

Police were driving past, so stopped to make sure no-one was injured etc.

they may well have the incident recorded then

I see this on ebay. Bad times, still not as bad as mine thou.. Parts for these Zeds aren't cheap, expecially mechanical.. I racked up £65k in repairs. I work in the trade and I can assure that insurance will be paying you out for new car, she will be beyond repair :(

as leon says all incidents with street funiture has to be reported as some one has to pay for it, and if you damamged it, it is your cost.

Yep, when Mike wrote off his MR2, he took out the "Welcome to Woking" sign and he had to pay for a replacement, although one never was put back and probably went towards their Christmas drinkies instead lol

Yep, when Mike wrote off his MR2, he took out the "Welcome to Woking" sign and he had to pay for a replacement, although one never was put back and probably went towards their Christmas drinkies instead lol

I didn't realise these sign makers had a sense of humour, nobodies welcome in Woking!

as leon says all incidents with street funiture has to be reported as some one has to pay for it, and if you damamged it, it is your cost.

Hmmmm.. i didnt know that.

I wrote off a motorbike once after it bounced off a crash barrier and destroyed some fencing. I was fine, and noone else involved so left the scene to get a car & trailer to trailer the bike home. I didnt report it to anyone.

Whilst I was off getting a trailer, the Police found the smashed up bike on the grass verge, traced me via the bikes reg number and after spending quite a bit of time contacting local hospitals to see if any injured bikers had turned up, they popped around my house to visit me - by which time id already cleared the bike from the scene.

The police werent concerned at all about the incident or me not reporting it, as noone else was involved - they were just amazed I wasnt injured. However they did say the council might want me to pay for the damage to crash barrier & fence.

But, I never did actually ever heard anything more from the council and so never paid for any of the repairs at all.

Hmmmm.. i didnt know that.

I wrote off a motorbike once after it bounced off a crash barrier and destroyed some fencing. I was fine, and noone else involved so left the scene to get a car & trailer to trailer the bike home. I didnt report it to anyone.

Whilst I was off getting a trailer, the Police found the smashed up bike on the grass verge, traced me via the bikes reg number and after spending quite a bit of time contacting local hospitals to see if any injured bikers had turned up, they popped around my house to visit me - by which time id already cleared the bike from the scene.

The police werent concerned at all about the incident or me not reporting it, as noone else was involved - they were just amazed I wasnt injured. However they did say the council might want me to pay for the damage to crash barrier & fence.

But, I never did actually ever heard anything more from the council and so never paid for any of the repairs at all.

Just hope that Council are not checking this forum then!

These days, any chance the highway authority responsible can recover some monies to pay for damage caused by others they will pursue. Part of the reason why we all have to have 3rd party insurance, whether it is damage to life or property. :shrug: