Bringing back locations

Every other forum I frequent has the option of adding your location to your profile. For some reason all locations were "lost" when the board was upgraded a few months ago and the option is no longer there. It's a bit of a pain having to continually ask where people are located, especially when you are buying/selling items or welcoming a new member. Would it be possible to reinstate the option at some future date?

Thanks,

Pete

You already have my location, but you could add 350ZCaroline to my location I guess to fill Wales out a bit :lol: . Sticky would be a good idea though as the current thread gets lost after a few days :thumbs: .

Pete

Good call Pete. :thumbs:

Maybe replace the 'dots/pips' above the post count (as I'm not entirely sure of their purpose), with location?

It was a useful piece of info on the 'old' forum.

Pin maps isnt the same though.... i miss the old way too! I also really miss the join date as i think that was really useful as well - but i understand both were removed to limit the number od backend db calls that were required?

One thing I like on G35 and my350 is iTrader which shows internal sales and satisfaction comments etc. We could do away with the "trader" threads etc and actually pop it behind their profile.

iTrader on my350 etc shows number of sales and a clear guide for anyone wishing to get a feel of their reliability.

One thing I like on G35 and my350 is iTrader which shows internal sales and satisfaction comments etc. We could do away with the "trader" threads etc and actually pop it behind their profile.

iTrader on my350 etc shows number of sales and a clear guide for anyone wishing to get a feel of their reliability.

There was some mention of a shop type add on to the forum but I expect it costs money, maybe all the major traders could chip in ;)

There are plenty of amazing free and of course paid add-one for Invisionboard (what this forum runs on) Ive installed many of them over the years.

I have never used this particular version however but all previous versions of this that im aware of contained a profile field for Location. Whether you choose to display it or not is up to the administration settings. I do feel it would be useful though.

Supersmashbros have been doing IPB mods for years, they do a shop mod which is free but it is a little old, http://code.google.com/p/ipb-ibmarket/

The best one I know of currently is called Classifieds, it costs $35.00 but seems pretty good http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4037-classifieds/

ofcourse, there is the official mod, IP.Nexus :cloud9:http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/nexus/

Edited by cs2000