Seat Arosa S 999cc

ioneabee

any suggestions for sub £2,500 - preferably close to pembrokeshire

its group 1 insurance

i've tried ebay and autotrader - not getting many hits

done some basic insurance tests - coming in at £700ish whilst he's supervised.................god help me when he passes, it rises to a minimum.............wait for it.....................£2700 :scare:

suggestions or alternatives would be great

ps

I've tried Keyser and Buster, but there not playing ball :yawn:

Edited by ioneabee

the UP is too new - prices (that 've seen so far) are well over the budget

however - just done gocompare on an arosa - coming back with similar insurance prices as the fox - so that widens the search

the UP is too new - prices (that 've seen so far) are well over the budget

however - just done gocompare on an arosa - coming back with similar insurance prices as the fox - so that widens the search

I just happen to have one that I might sell

IMG_0203.jpg

Groups 1,2 & 3 are not much different Andy.

I got a punto for Rhian to learn in and use for the first year. She then got a newer one and loves it. Liam will learn in the old punto now.

Pay the insurance monthly so if anything happens you dont lose all your money in one go. It costs more but at least you will get the full year out of them.

Not trying to be pessimistic but if an accident should happen you know how long it can take to sort out where as when you pay monthly you can swap it to another vehicle the same without too much hassle. Basically because they know if they say thats an extra £500 because you have an outstanding claim you will just stop paying until resolved.

As i say it cost the extra interest but you will get a years worth.

107, C1, Aygo all the same car. Very cheap tax and insurance as they are cheap to fix, everything bolts on off I think. £35 tax for the 1.0.

My daughters run an Aygo for the last 5 years, quite a firm ride and watch out for clutches, they don't last too long. I think they have now been uprated. Hers lasted 28k...£600 bill! Other than that it's been bullet proof.

going to see this one on Tuesday (ebay No 181143958889)

anything I should be looking out for

what about value - seems slightly high - but v low mileage ?

We are now the proud owner of an immaculate Seat Arosa S 999cc

there's not a mark on it - needs a service though................don't suppose zmanalex provides servicing kit for one of these :D

I think on the drive home I worked out why there are no stone chips - its not fast enough to get close enough to recive a bit of peppering :wacko:

sorry attakz :surrender:

Edited by ioneabee
  • Like 1

i had the Arosa s 1.0 as my first car was great and insurance was cheap!!!

i had the original shape and they do seem to have pedal box issues, sometimes crunches into reverse is a sign until they give way like mine did haha but its abit of welding to put right when they do go

Apart from that a very reliable car motorway jourmeys not pleasent with the little 1.0 i had revving high just to do 70!

i had the Arosa s 1.0 as my first car was great and insurance was cheap!!!

i had the original shape and they do seem to have pedal box issues, sometimes crunches into reverse is a sign until they give way like mine did haha but its abit of welding to put right when they do go

Apart from that a very reliable car motorway jourmeys not pleasent with the little 1.0 i had revving high just to do 70!

i gave up at 60mph and just plodded along for 2 and half hours at 3000 revs - wasn't any point revving the nuts off it