Need Headphones? Look no further, get these (SONY XBA4iP)

Stutopia

I just had to post about these. I'm in love.

My decent (£80 ish) sennheiser in canal 'phones gave up last week, they'd seen some use, performed well and I was sad to lose them. They were the best I'd heard. Until now that is.

I recently harvested a few birthday cheques and was looking for something to treat myself. When my 'phones died an opportunity popped up to get some serious 'buds. So I dutifully scoured the Internet (mainly the what hi-fi site as I trust their reviews from other purchases) and narrowed it down to some fairly serious (for my usual budget) options, then went for these. Normally I wouldn't spend more than £10 on hi-fi without a demo first, but I figured I could send them back to Amazon no problem if we didn't get along, no chance of that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XBA4iP-Premium-Quality-Headphones/dp/B007MJGESE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368819293&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+xba+4ip

I've been listening to them for a few hours now and they are simply astonishing. The soundstage enormous, the detail stunning, the bass deep and full yet crisp. They cope with anything I throw at them. I might be Regulating with my homies Mr Warren G & Nate Dogg or relaxing with some Cowboy Junkies or heading Across 110th Street or revisiting my youth with some Pulp Different Class - they simply don't care, they just put a massive smile on my face. I can hear which notes the artist is thinking of next. They don't even embarras some of my older, less than brilliant, MP3s from the days before lossless.

I won't go into detail about the drivers and technology, the sensitivity, sound isolation, blah blah blah, there are plenty of reviews out there, but I just wanted to share some love for these beauties. I used to be a massive Sony fan but haven't dabbled for a while, they're well and truly back in my sights (well, ears). They even look mean, but weigh next to nothing, and now my boss can no longer be heard. What more do you want? If you get a chance to try some, go for it, but be warned they'll have you fom that first kick.

PS - Androids, I believe the inline remote doesn't work on non-iPhones, but they do a version without controls for a few quid less.

Honestly your gonna pay that for bud' headphones? Its bad enough with those Beats ones, which I tried and there damn good sound...but not at that price!... Makes me cry lookin' at those links...lol

Having experimented I've settled with ultimate ears triplefi 10s and a viper cable from toxic cables on fleabay. Wow combo

Nice. How did you go about matching the cable and buds? They're not cheap enough for trial and error.

Sennheiser ie80s are my current faves, paired with a Colorfly C3 MP3 player. Makes for a great sound ;) Definitely woth shelling out for decent headphones if you want your music to sound good.

Edited by sipar69