My Infiniti G37 review

LRF4N

My turn to be Jeremy Clarkson lol. Had the car for a couple of days to try out courtesy of Infiniti Glasgow. Overall- great great car, it just oozes quality

D17D4D8F-1344-469F-9C5B-A1A4C011F9C8-3565-000004CF9091E993.jpg

AC371ABB-E86B-40EA-AA2F-986391267DBA-3565-000004CF990ED0F9.jpg

DA786CC5-269D-4F0C-860B-2D20702D8031-3565-000004CFA8539E1F.jpg

FF120DD4-29F3-47D7-8B40-0460E794602A-3565-000004CFB1825541.jpg

Exterior. Handsome car, the rear looks great and when I saw the reflection in windows the profile is nice too, looks like it's on the move when still. The front is sleek but maybe lacks road presence. It did get attention from some drivers but I feel it should turn more heads. The enkei wheels aren't bad especially in gunmetal on black

Interior- my favourite bit of the car. Puts some german rivals to shame. The seats look fantastic and are very comfortable.  The infiniti badge is a nice touch. The dash is nicely laid out, everythings within reach and the indigo lighting at night is nice. Very well built indeed

The sat nav is clear and the graphics on the screen are great. Spec with the premium pack is very generous. To get a BMW to this spec you would have to spend a fair amount   

Two things let me down inside though- the buttons on the dash have a nice soft feel but the buttons on the door are classic jap plastic, almost identical to the 350z. Also there was too little space between the side of the seat and the door card to get your hand down to the seat controls. Otherwise a very nice place to be

Keyless entry- I was always sceptical about any car with this feature but when driving to several places in one journey this is a cracking feature. There's a button on the door handle to lock and unlock the doors. It's something I could definitely get used to

The drive was very good. Iv always been a huge fan of BMWs due to the quality of drive and have always said that no other car Iv driven has came close. Not in terms of performance just the way the car feels on the road, a solid feeling chassis and the quality of the cabin and controls and overall build quality. This is the only car Iv driven to match it. Huge huge compliment

Performance- always felt quick and having lazy power under my right foot again was nice. Handled well, felt very planted. 

Overtaking was effortless but in a way almost too effortless and this was my maim criticism. I thought the car was proper sports car with back seats but it's more of an exec coupe with some punch. As good as the drive was it just want involving enough, there was no thrill or drama. It would give the A5, 3 series and C class coupes a run for their money but it wasn't what I wanted it to be 

The reason I got the skyline was I was gutted to have to sell the zed as it's value began to drop so the skyline would fill the void and would become my second car when I got something exec. I took this out for a drive to see if it could do both and I would only need one car. It almost did but it failed to make me smile the way the zed did and skyline does

Maybe having a manual box, lowering it, making it sound a little louder and a few cosmetic enhancements would change my mind but I think I would prefer having 2 separate cars to get the best of both. 

The salesman was telling me his son is in the same field as me but he's still a big kid at 25. My reply was it's good to be a big kid sometimes (as those who know me will tell you that's what I'm like) and I wanted the car to bring out the kid in me but it was too grown up. A few people said that about the 370 v the 350 so this will be similar but probably more so

For those looking for something after the zed that feels more grown up and practical this would make a fantastic car and I can see it being a big hit here but for me at this moment in time it will be 2 cars. If the 4 door G37 looked half as good as the coupe I wouldve seriously considered it

Overall it's a great car

• Like 2

Did you ask for a couple of days or did they just say...have it for 2 days lol... Hope there as nice to me when I put my 350 in for its service in the next month or two lol I've got some reservations about the rear but besides that its a great lookin' thing. Very classy.

Edited by AMT

I have driven behind/alongside a few of these and admired their looks.......apart from the front.

Even with the older G35s, I love the ones with aftermarket front ends but the designer of the original nose must have been related to Mr Blobby.

I mean, it's still got the same kinda grill and bumper as the old G.

I'm all for "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but come on.......THE FRONT IS TOO BLOBBY :b

Have you seen the new fronts?

http://www.netcarshow.com/infiniti/2009-g37_coupe/800x600/wallpaper_01.htm

Looks ok to me and the profile...

http://www.netcarshow.com/infiniti/2009-g37_coupe/1024x768/wallpaper_06.htm

Its the ar3e I think they should have done better with...

http://www.netcarshow.com/infiniti/2009-g37_coupe/800x600/wallpaper_07.htm

The shapes ok but the rear lights are not so good lookin, could do with some sort of black undertray/thing around the exahausts, make them stand out

When I went in to make enquiries about the car while I had the zed they arranged a 2 day test drive but with so many things going on in my life a new car was out the question. Finally got round to it now but gonna stick with the skyline and a 4 door exec car soon

Customer service is great though you wont be disappointed

• Like 1