Drivers Interior Door Handle/Window Switch Trim Scratches

Jp606

Hi,

Have just purchased a HR Z and like most out there the drivers interior window switch plastic trim has scratches all over it. Does anyone know where I can source a replacement?

I guess I could remove it and respray it but it seems far easier to just get a replacement.

Cheers.

Why buy a new one when it takes a couple of minutes to take apart,which you would have to do anyway to replace.As BulletMagnet said paint it yourself then you will have a nice little custom piece and you will feel good about it :teeth:

As the above says, far more expensive to replace why no spray it to a colour of your choice or even wrap it in carbon fibre effect? But if you really want new ones then suppose ZMANALEX would be your best shout.

Ive got the same problem on my new zed jp. Ive seen pics of them after they have been sprayed and wrapped and they look great. My only worry is how easy it is to remove the said pannel (would you have to remove the door card!!). :blush:

Very easy, no screws, just clips along the side to attach it to the door card.

First remove the armrest pad by lifting from the rear and then the switch panel

• Like 1

Ive got the same problem on my new zed jp. Ive seen pics of them after they have been sprayed and wrapped and they look great. My only worry is how easy it is to remove the said pannel (would you have to remove the door card!!). :blush:

No door card removal. Have a search on this forum for details but in summary - remove the leather arm rest, unclip the switch cover, undo the switches - job done. Best to get yourself some trim removal (plastic) tools (a few pounds from FleaBay) to be able to get into the joints without scratching anything.

Painting them really doesn't take long and if you do it once, then should you scratch them again - easy fix as you know what to do!

David

• Like 1

I'm a total mechanical spanner (not in a good way) took me about 5 minutes to get out with zero damage to adjoining bits. I plastidipped mine after a clean, no good, finish isn't robust enough. Black satin next time. As others have said, I was well pleased with myself when I did just this little tiny job. I'm hoping its the first step to learning more and having a more personal touch to my car. I chopped up my speaker grilles shortly after, pleased with that too.

If you give it a try and it goes bad, you can still buy another, assuming you don't destroy the door! GL.

+1 on trim removers, much better than improvising and dirt cheap, useful for all sorts.

Check out

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56633-interior-door-trim-mirror-switch-scratch-repaint/page__hl__plastikote#entry839492

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

For those that have repainted - did you use primer or just wet/dry and then paint?

After sanding the chips and scratches smooth I used plastic primer (two coats) then when dry a light going over with 2000 grade wet and dry then I think three top coats.

David

I might give this a go on mine tomorrow, was looking at getting them hydro dipped but any company I've message hasn't replied. That guide is handy.

RT Customz has hydro dipped ones ready to go on exchange basis

Not for the facelift unfortunately otherwise I would have taken a set