Show (as in 'Japfest') and shine.

14N

Not technically a detailing question, more a general clean and shine.

With the weather looking miserable or at least showery in the run up to Japfest and Wales and faced with a lengthy drive to reach the venue(s), it's kind of inevitable that the car, no matter how much time and effort put in prior to setting off, will probably be in an 'unclean' state by the time we get there.

Japfest will be my first ever event like this and although I'm not a serious detailing fanatic (yet), my Zed has meant my 'car cleaning kit' has grown from literally a sponge, a bucket (yes ONE) and cheapo car shampoo, to now include many more things, including a second bucket! :)

What do you guys use to clean your cars 'on site' when buckets of water etc aren't available? Obviously the drive down will se dirt, dust, dead bugs etc cling to the car, so I'm guessing that any quick spray & shine or quick detailing spray is a no non :nono: as you'll just move the dirt around and probably scratch the paint?

Any secrets or tips to cleaning the car at an event (other than trailer it down)?

Cheers, Ian :thumbs:

I normally keep my car cover on and just cut window sections out so that I can see :lol:

Bingo! I knew there'd be a tried and tested solution! :thumbs::lol:

Hmmm, what are the chances of the local migrant 'Hand Car Wash' for £5 being open at 6am on Saturday morning? :lol:

If anyone sees a gunmetal 350z recklessly swerving down the M5 from lane to lane on Friday evening, don't panic, it's just me avoiding the puddles....

• Like 1

Much cooler to turn up with it covered in mud, scratches and bullet holes.

Now you tell me! I've only just got it back from the body shop after having all the holes filled following a road rage incident involving an AK-47....

Much cooler to turn up with it covered in mud, scratches and bullet holes.

Now you tell me! I've only just got it back from the body shop after having all the holes filled following a road rage incident involving an AK-47....

and I heard you liked a rusty bullet hole or was that another thing ian