370z - yellow ones....

cfoster

Surely the point of having a 2 seater sports coupe/ roadster is to stand out :wacko:

I agree banana yellow is at the top end of the 'look at me' scale but grey is at the very bottom, doesn't matter if you call it gunmetal, titanium etc grey is grey....

Grey suits boring cars like mondeos and beemers it has no place on a 350 or 370 other than undercoat :p

But you like this grey don't you?!

79EBB6DA-90EE-43F7-A295-906FBF9970B5-6349-0000093448F35C99_zpsca483607.jpg

Double standards me thinks. :lol:

Im a huge fan of the yellow, both for 350s and 370s even though they are totally different yellows. Both look stunning when clean, was very tempted by a 370 in yellow but didnt like the decals and wanted a roadster, otherwise id have had it

I do like them but resale is my main issue as I tend not to keep cars for too long! One has gone up for sale quite cheap but have also got my eye on a roadster but don't really know a great deal about them, I fancy a convertible for the summer though! (this one I am looking at is met.black but almost purple in the pics!)!

Surely the point of having a 2 seater sports coupe/ roadster is to stand out :wacko:

I agree banana yellow is at the top end of the 'look at me' scale but grey is at the very bottom, doesn't matter if you call it gunmetal, titanium etc grey is grey....

Grey suits boring cars like mondeos and beemers it has no place on a 350 or 370 other than undercoat :p

But you like this grey don't you?!

79EBB6DA-90EE-43F7-A295-906FBF9970B5-6349-0000093448F35C99_zpsca483607.jpg

Double standards me thinks. :lol:

Nope I wouldn't buy that either.... Much prefer this :teeth:

Gareth-Bale.jpg

Edited by spursmaddave

Im a huge fan of the yellow, both for 350s and 370s even though they are totally different yellows. Both look stunning when clean, was very tempted by a 370 in yellow but didnt like the decals and wanted a roadster, otherwise id have had it

I do like them but resale is my main issue as I tend not to keep cars for too long! One has gone up for sale quite cheap but have also got my eye on a roadster but don't really know a great deal about them, I fancy a convertible for the summer though! (this one I am looking at is met.black but almost purple in the pics!)!

Excellent choice sir, a man after my own heart ;)

844BE48B-0C40-4AAE-BCBA-9D36D20D4BB7-481-0000005E8828AB80_zps6866bee5.jpg

Where abouts are you based?

Edited by Will370z

When I first saw that pic (above Will's post) I thought it was Paul di Resta :surrender:

No idea who it is otherwise - guess some bag and air kicker who is pretending he has a heart :lol:

Get back to the snooker :wheelchair:

Waste of time on my black & white telly :blush:

Lol thats exactly the same as the one I am looking at! Ive never been a fan of darker cars but looks great in the pics (plus I have a roll of metallic white vinyl to cover her in if I feel the need!). Anything in particular to look for when looking?

Cheers

(I'm in Wickford, Essex!)

When I first saw that pic (above Will's post) I thought it was Paul di Resta :surrender:

No idea who it is otherwise - guess some bag and air kicker who is pretending he has a heart :lol:

Get back to the snooker :wheelchair:

Waste of time on my black & white telly :blush:

Billiards :p

At least they are hard and not full of wind :p

Lol thats exactly the same as the one I am looking at! Ive never been a fan of darker cars but looks great in the pics (plus I have a roll of metallic white vinyl to cover her in if I feel the need!). Anything in particular to look for when looking?

Cheers

(I'm in Wickford, Essex!)

The roof on the 370 has far fewer issues than the 350 but there are a few things to look out for.

1) check the windows drop low enough when the doors close so they dont carch the roof edge. Mine is fine but i know of at least 3 members on here where it catches and its a nightmare as it will wear the material away and needs refitting / replacing. If you see any wear walk away

2) check the steering lock as been replaced - a search will show you this problem.

3) check the top corners of the bonnet as on a few cars they catch and scratch the point, its a tight fit.

4) a minority of cars have had gearbox issues

Big big thing though is do what i did and get the garage to confirm that any and i mean any roof issue ( material or mechanics) will be covered by their warranty then you can rest easy.

Roadster is a great choice, the open air and sound of the exhaust put a huge smile on your face.

Edited by Will370z

Nissan in tunbridge wells are brilliant, ebized and i have had very good service from them. I bought my first zed from there and they were very helpful and sorted a number of things for me as goodwill gesture.

Mention the forum and colin and they will definitely look after you.

Is Colin the best person to talk to then? Is he in service?!

Cheers

I'm here - not there! :lol:

"In service", sounds very grand - although a bit worried about the connection SMD on here might make of that :scare:

No, best you speak to Ian Fraser if you can - he is the service manager at TW but then I have found all the staff helpful there and if they agree you have an issue will fight your corner with Nissan, if need be. :thumbs:

haha!! Sorry had a loooong weekend working and just got home! (well, taking clients to see Liverpool play if thats called working!!!). Ok cool i'll wait for them to call and give them a gentle reminder tomorrow afternoon. Can't believe how cheap the insruance is on them, £322 full comp for me! (33 no points, full no claims!)!

Chris

haha!! Sorry had a loooong weekend working and just got home! (well, taking clients to see Liverpool play if thats called working!!!). Ok cool i'll wait for them to call and give them a gentle reminder tomorrow afternoon. Can't believe how cheap the insruance is on them, £322 full comp for me! (33 no points, full no claims!)!

Chris

Which company thats crazy cheap, 38 here and paying 550. Save some money for a new exhaust as you will want to replace the stock exhaust asap. If you are anywhere near guildford and fancy a spin in rosie just shout to give you an idea of what you are in for.

im with Esure and was quoted that, paying the same for my just sold 2008 335i m sport convertible. Have heard good and bad things about esure so pinkies crossed I dont have a prang!

Will- thanks mate, if all goes to plan and I can escape the office a little earlier I am going to view tonight!

Well happy days picked it up this morning, VERY happy with it, car is spotless, full history which was confirmed by NIssan in Tunbridge!! Shame it has been a bit wet this morning so the roof had to stay up! Just got to figure out how to use all the stereo functions! With the USB I presume its a case of chucking mp3's onto a stick then plugging it in. Will it support WMA as well? It also has music box whatever that is, I think its a hard drive of some sort, any ideas how to put music/films onto it?!

What is the price of an exhaust these days?

Chris

Edited by cfoster