Jaguar F-Type tonight

AMT

Had the chance tonight to stop off and have a look at the new Jag F-Type. (shoulda' took a pic but forgot lol) A black one with the V6 (pipes in the middle?). I've read a lot about how you need to see it in the flesh as some were saying its short looking etc but its honestly lovely. Long bonnet, wide stance, interiors simple but fantastic, bucket like seats look great too (the audi wing-backed kind). Really, really nice looking car. Only thing I would say is Jags brake calipers. For a car like that I'd expect ones like our brembos or ones for a merc, porsche etc the full caliper look. How do I explain this better...erm.. lol See normal calipers where its just made of bits and you can see where it all joins,the F-Types are like those ..with a name sticker on them. Terrible. Besides that...fantastic. :) Black also isn't its best colour in the flesh, something colourful would suit it.

Edited by AMT

bigger calipers come on the bigger cars

my XKR has jaguar brembos 6 pots up front and 4 pots at the rear but jaguar logo on them.

thing is the f type will work well on the smaller floating calipers as it weighs less than the zed

Didn't get inside it sorry, bonnet didn't look as if it'd be too much of an issue. Seats look as if they'd be comfy, they';ve not went for the full on race seat

Edited by AMT

It was locked... lol

You're kidding me? Jeez, another car manufacturer who has no idea how to sell a car to the public! Even Ferrari were happy to let me climb all over the 458 Spider on the launch night, never mind Maserati actively encouraging me to poke around and push buttons and levers and things.

Nooo, it was outside locked, I just pulled over when I seen it for a gander. I now realise I didn't say that in the first post :lol: but funnily enough I don't fancy just walking into a dealership when I cannot afford such a thing lol

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/70562-jaguar-f-type/

Test drove one a week back. It was the V6 S. Seats are awesome, interior feels special.

Driving view was good, it is a long bonnet and it's a wide car which until you drive it you don't really realise how wide. Not much between the White lines on country roads when you check your mirrors. For a V6 it has a lovely deep exhaust note and no supercharged whine which is a first for jaguar, it's all about the exhaust note.

All in all I thought it was a really impressive car to look at and to drive.

Edited by Bems

Why not? I do :teeth:

I did do a lot of 'looking' when thinking about the Zed lol. Now I have one and it looks ..fancyish... you make me wanna go to the Maserati dealership in Edinburgh (I think theres one there lol)... I could maybe pull of a 2nd hand buyer of one of them :lol: ..but really what I'd like to do is go lick the Lambo window.... :dummy::cloud9:

If anyone is near Perth stratstone and fancies a drive then Go for it. They practically threw the keys at me! There was another two or three people there to test drive it and after talking to them none were actually in a position to buy one but all were impressed. They had a top of line one in red with a 92k list price which was sold and had taken a few orders that day. One owner trading in his cayman s. Apparently there's a 5-6 month waiting list already prior to them reaching the showrooms.