New Member - Black 350Z GT, York

Evening All

I thought after 5 months of 350z ownership it was about time I put up an introductory message.

As title, the car in question is a Black 350z GT with the Alezan interior. So far I am very impressed with the car. I use it as the daily to get back and forward to work and so far it has been faultless.

Ive come from a Fiesta ST500 and in comparison the ride of the zed is so much comfier than the ST with much better holding and road presence. The zed can be driven comfortably below 2k revs where there is enough torque to keep it going in any gear. However when the time allows there seems to be endless power right to the top end when the right foot gets heavy and it will take off in any gear.

Ive heard alot of people complain about the poor interior, however the seats are comfortable and provide plenty of support.The dash is made from a cheap plastic but interior quality isnt really what zed ownership is about. You sit nice and low in the cabin with plenty of room for both driver and passenger, although visibility over the shoulder is pretty poor.

I know all forums like pictures, so enough talking and time for some images. Unfortunately I only have the one of the zed but at the moment it is only a standard GT. I do however have some pictures of my previous cars.

First car was a 1.2 Renault Clio. ( This may be why I dont think the interior quality of the zed is that bad!). I spent alot of time and money modifying the clio to look like a Renault Sport 172. Looking back now I wish I hadnt bothered.

DSCF7640_zps2a8f5b2e.jpg

Next on the list was a slightly quick Ford Fiesta Zetec S. 100bhp meant it was nippy enough and the fiesta was a huge step up in terms of quality over the clio. Only modification were Eibach 30mm lowering springs.

FiestaZS-Beach5_zps43c6b153.jpg

FiestaZS-Shiny_zpsd3fb92ec.jpg

6 months down the Zetec S was traded in for the ST500. A limited edition version of the MK6 ST. 2.0l Duratec engine producing around 150bhp. Things were starting to get a little faster. The ST also gave me the first taste of track action, hopefully something I wish to continue in the zed.

stoc1_zpsd44a5866.jpg

DSCF9054_zpscbb8fd8e.jpg

And now for the zed. A very nice set up from the ST with nearly twice the power and rear wheel drive.

Front bushes need replacing, new tyres will be fitted. I also plan on upgrading the discs and pads and installing a Miltek exhaust system with some form of intake upgrade. Plan is to keep it looking pretty much standard but with some subtle mods to spice things up a little.

IMG_0197_zps5049c893.jpg

I will be attending the Jap meet at Squires cafe, Sherburn in Elmet, a week on Tuesday if anyone else will be heading that way.

I look forward to meeting you and many happy times in the zed.

"First car was a 1.2 Renault Clio. ( This may be why I dont think the interior quality of the zed is that bad!)."

Now that has a lot of plastic to look at :lol:

Edited by Keyser