Detailing in the sun!

Diab2005

Is there any benefit in the foaming?

can-o-worms.gif

Some will say it does nothing, other swear by it. Personally I do it as it's a fun way to start cleaning and gives me time to do the alloys etc while its working - anything that may help loosen dirt and avoid me scratching my paint has to be worth it in my book.

Agh right apologies what constitutes a detail then out of curiosity?

What ever you feel your car needs mate!

But usually a good wash, de tar, clay, polish, cleanse and wax! The list of thing you can do is endless, but as long as you remove all contaminants, polish either by hand or machine then seal or wax thats it!

Anyone tells you any different there either selling products/ services or have been listening to someone who is!

But using a machine polisher is defo a skill and you need to know what to use as the lacquer depts are different on every panel of your car.

Is there any benefit in the foaming?

can-o-worms.gif

Some will say it does nothing, other swear by it. Personally I do it as it's a fun way to start cleaning and gives me time to do the alloys etc while its working - anything that may help loosen dirt and avoid me scratching my paint has to be worth it in my book.

What he said. I find it does loosen the dirt but definately dont expect to be able to just use snow foam and it will be clean. Also as the dirt is loose it does reduce the chance of scratching massively.

I have a lot of tar on the front bumper which when using the tar remover that i've got (Autoglym) does nothing! Anyone any advice with this?

But usually a good wash, de tar, clay, polish, cleanse and wax! The list of thing you can do is endless, but as long as you remove all contaminants, polish either by hand or machine then seal or wax thats it!

Anyone tells you any different there either selling products/ services or have been listening to someone who is!

But using a machine polisher is defo a skill and you need to know what to use as the lacquer depts are different on every panel of your car.

So I was just a coat of wax off my thread title being correct ;) however I could argue that the super resin polish is an "all in one" and therefore constitutes this :teeth:

Edited by Diab2005

So I was just a coat of wax off my thread title being correct ;) however I could argue that the super resin polish is an "all in one" and therefore constitutes this :teeth:

Yeah mate. I spent a fortune on stuff especially Dodo Juice products, but i always end up going back the AG SRP as it contains fillers in it that cover up but dont remove swirls. Then AG HD cleanser followed with AG HD wax. I'm a novice though, but i'm going to invest in a machine buff and practice on an old car!

Might be worth buying some wax though as SRP doesn't really contain that much wax!

Edited by stuarty

I have a lot of tar on the front bumper which when using the tar remover that i've got (Autoglym) does nothing! Anyone any advice with this?

Bin the AG stuff and buy some Tardis. Job, jobbed.

Is this the same one the Doctor uses?

Edited by Diab2005

Bin the AG stuff and buy some Tardis. Job, jobbed.

Is this the same one the Doctor uses?

Sadly, it's not bigger on the inside. But it does come in a blue box (well, tin, but it is blue.)