Difference in models?

Jp606

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 313bhp 350z soon, and I'm just going through some insurance quotes and I'm getting quite different results.

In looking at only 07 and 08 models and the 313 'bonnet bulge' version. When I use the registrations on various insurance sites, some of the cars come up as a 'GT Coupe 3499cc 2 Door 2003..' and some as '(313) Coupe 3498cc 2 Door 2007)'.

To me this looks like some come up as a 2003 model (even though some are on an 08 plate and others 07) yet it's exactly the same as the 2007 (313) one.

Also using an online registration checker, it shows both as the 313bhp latest version.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I think I see the difference now.

For example:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201304146266624?atmobcid=soc4 is £150 cheaper to insure than this one:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303145773546?atmobcid=soc4

Which are both the 313 version. I can see the cheaper to insure one says GT next to it, so it has the heated seats etc?

use the online sites to get an idea but always best to call and speak to a human mate. Take down the ref number so they can bring up the quote.

Often its a different story then but you dont have to hide anything just be totally honest so you know where you stand

I can only think that the insurance companies don't differentiate between the 2003/4/5 and 2006/7 models and consider the 2007/8 313's to be "different". What can confusing is that there was quite an overlap in registrations, for example some of the original 2003-2006 cars have turned up on 06/56 plates and some of the 2006-7 cars on 58 or even 09 plates.

Pete

GT has heated leather seats, upgraded Bose, Cruise. But I can't see why there should be any difference in insurance costs ... same performance for both cars. OK the none GT is worth a bit less for the same year and mileage, but that usually doesn't affect insurance

GT has heated leather seats, upgraded Bose, Cruise. But I can't see why there should be any difference in insurance costs ... same performance for both cars. OK the none GT is worth a bit less for the same year and mileage, but that usually doesn't affect insurance

It depends on whether the insurer sees the GT pack as a "modification" or as a separate model as such, at a guess. :shrug: