The furthest ive been in the zed

kiingsi

I am off to Scotland, Edinburgh and from where I live in Sheffield is quite a drive,

What speed have people found best to save abit of fuel(not looking get massive mpg figures I want to get there at some point :D ha) its 250 miles of just about all motorway so could do with a nice cruising speed.

Anybody found some speeds best?

Maybe.

Was thinking more of a 65 or specific 67. Don't no if anyone else is that boring to try 1 mph differences apart from me haha

I tried the other day but only managed to do about 3 mile before getting stuck in traffic

I think a guy on here had done a rough comparison. 56mph for the best mpg but thats slow. Maybe try to dig up his thread by ddcboyle I think,

I drove from London to Sheffield on a Friday, then from Sheffield to Scotland and went up to Ullapool and across to Inverness.

Spirited driving on the Scottish twisties and certainly not trying to get the best mpg on the Mway.

I filled up once in Scotland. So enjoy it :) if you want motorway mpg a 320d would probably be best!

if you must though, cruise at 60 in 6th and relax

• Like 1

400 to a tank no bother when cruising- drove from Bristol to Cairnryan -Docks (380) then Belfast to home (20mile) and still had some fuel - sat at 100 on the m6 until Scotland and had to overtake a ridiculous amount of lorries and go through a stupid amount of roundabouts on those Scottish roads which are a bit nuts!

No point in owning a v6 for MPG :D

I'm sure you can still do 60-70 thereabouts at around 3K revs (6th gear..obviously), and on the motorway or a 60 road that'll keep you around the 30mpg odd mark. Keeping it just below the 3K and changing gear below it will help. Thats what I use when I'm on a ..30mpg ish run... you get bored of it though, and you might catch a hint of noise from the exhaust and go.....AH HELL.... :drive1

I'll be going to Dundee in mine from Peterborough in July & I say IGNORE THE FUEL BILL & ENJOY THE POWER THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING ( & WHAT THE Z IF FOR ) UNTIL I SEE OLD BILL OR SPEED CAMERAS :lol:

Me and my brother have made that exact same trip a good few years ago, The car wasn't lowered then and it got us there and back in comfort and style.

Done Chester to Edinburgh before now, cruise control at 70 on mways then took the scenic route just past Carlisle much better off the mway!

I think I averaged around 26mpg there and back but mine is a roadster and had some top down action on the A roads.

Done Chester to Edinburgh before now, cruise control at 70 on mways then took the scenic route just past Carlisle much better off the mway!

I think I averaged around 26mpg there and back but mine is a roadster and had some top down action on the A roads.

You must have gone through Luxembourg I assume... (fuel for a fill up in far cheaper than the rest of surrounding Europe) - currently about 15p a litre cheaper for Super Unleaded :)

As for the best fuel economy, it's always best to grab a beer, take a seat in the garden and just admire your Zed... so you still get to enjoy it ;)