Graphics on car law

ddcboyle

There's no specific law that's being broken that I'm aware of but you'd be opening yourself up for plently of grief. An image of a topless female is unlikely to be explicit, and unlikely to cause distress to people. However if you get the curly finger from a cop who has a different opinion then anything is possible!

There's no specific law that's being broken that I'm aware of but you'd be opening yourself up for plently of grief. An image of a topless female is unlikely to be explicit, and unlikely to cause distress to people. However if you get the curly finger from a cop who has a different opinion then anything is possible!

Im not fussed if i get pulled over and its legal, i get pulled over all the time for driving a green 350z lol. Aslong as its legal, and theres nothing he can do about it, ill get it done. Not sure where id find out this information, was hoping there was someone on the forum that might have known :p

Best place to call, DVLA?

Everything with law is a grey area. Just an example - S5 Public Order Act: causing harrassment, alarm or distress. If I saw your decal I'd probably laugh it off, but someone else could be alarmed by it. It's like being naked in public - not technically illegal but any behaviour that causes distress to others is illegal; and I won't do it again :blush:

DVLA won't know, they're purely record keepers. If you're worried you could email your local police force and one way or the other you'd get a reply in writing.

Why do you want boobs on your car anyway? :lol:

This has S5 written all over it. Saying "Im not fussed if i get pulled over and its legal" is a bit stupid (not to mention hugely naive) - how do your tyres look? what about a complimentary exhaust noise check? Mind if you come down the station with your documentation? All your stuff checks out - here is a section 5 anyway - get rid of the decal.

Im no copper, but having a pair of knockers on your car and then coming out with the "its legal, I don't care" will be a clear fail of the attitude test and a fairly easy slam dunk for them on the S5 front.

Also, why?

This has S5 written all over it. Saying "Im not fussed if i get pulled over and its legal" is a bit stupid (not to mention hugely naive) - how do your tyres look? what about a complimentary exhaust noise check? Mind if you come down the station with your documentation? All your stuff checks out - here is a section 5 anyway - get rid of the decal.

Im no copper, but having a pair of knockers on your car and then coming out with the "its legal, I don't care" will be a clear fail of the attitude test and a fairly easy slam dunk for them on the S5 front.

Also, why?

well im hardly going to turn round to the copper and say i dont care its legal... im meaning, aslong as it was legal i wouldnt have anything to panic about.

and why? just because i want something different :)

ill phone up police station, see if i can get anymore info

I think your problem will be that it is down to interpretation of the law. whilst 5 out of 10 police officers might laugh and leave it, 2.5 may stick you for it and 2.5 may give you a courtesy full check over for fun.

If you got pulled over by feminist police officer, I don't care how legal it is, you'll be done for something :lol:

Hi m8 surprisedthis hasn't been said - you must be nails or something in real life, anywhere here goes - the car looks ace as it is - so my opinion is don't go sticking tacky pictures of boobs on it, you will ruin it.

If you need to ask, then don't do it. Questionable taste aside, anything like that is asking for trouble.

Would I personally find a pair of boobies (real or cartoon) on a sticker on a car offensive? No. Would I reasonably expect a member of the public to find it offensive? Yes I would, and for that reason I think it's a very bad idea.

If you need to ask, then don't do it. Questionable taste aside, anything like that is asking for trouble.

Would I personally find a pair of boobies (real or cartoon) on a sticker on a car offensive? No. Would I reasonably expect a member of the public to find it offensive? Yes I would, and for that reason I think it's a very bad idea.

This is the point - legal or not, having a pair of boobs on your car is likley to get you more hassle than it is worth.

Is getting pulled and (I would put money on this) getting landed with an S5 worth it for "questionable" (that is me keeping my opinion out of it...) vinyl?