You thought you looked after your car well!

rickya

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you he has all his Ian Allen Train Spotting Books in mint condition as well :yawn:

PS I bet his back seat has never seen any action...........................well, whilst he has owned the car anyway :yahoo:

£7,100 for an '86 528i with 100k, in White !

If he gets that for it he can come and work for me ;)

You need to offer him a job then because it made £7100 on ebay but that was below the reserve :p

Hi

I'm actually the person that owns that car amongst other BMWs (...currently own six...was seven until a few weeks ago). Here's a link to a couple of my other cars. The E30 M3 page is about three years old but will be updated in the next couple of weeks once it comes back from a full respray etc and prior to it going up for sale:

http://www.bmwclassics.co.uk/features/index.html

I hope this thread on another 350Z forum goes some way to explaining things (eg. How, why, girlfriends, pubs, getting out more, bleach hand cleaners etc :D ):

http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... id=118960&

The car's also featured in a six page spread in the current issue of Total BMW Magazine.

Also, I've since been doing a bit more to the car mechanically and have now been offered £8K by two people waiting for it to be ready. So Dan...if they're true to their word and come up with the £8K does that job offer still stand? I'm looking for a change of career anyway! :teeth:

Cheers!

Respect to you, mate. Nice to see you can take it all in jest! :thumbs:

Also, I have to agree its got to be a better hobby than golf. :wacko:

I have to say the fact that you've registered and posted on two 350Z sites does still suggest you need to get out more! ;)

Hi

I'm actually the person that owns that car amongst other BMWs (...currently own six...was seven until a few weeks ago). Here's a link to a couple of my other cars. The E30 M3 page is about three years old but will be updated in the next couple of weeks once it comes back from a full respray etc and prior to it going up for sale:

http://www.bmwclassics.co.uk/features/index.html

I hope this thread on another 350Z forum goes some way to explaining things (eg. How, why, girlfriends, pubs, getting out more, bleach hand cleaners etc :D ):

http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... id=118960&

The car's also featured in a six page spread in the current issue of Total BMW Magazine.

Also, I've since been doing a bit more to the car mechanically and have now been offered £8K by two people waiting for it to be ready. So Dan...if they're true to their word and come up with the £8K does that job offer still stand? I'm looking for a change of career anyway! :teeth:

Cheers!

Ha ha! Nice one. I suspect there's a few people blushing just now. :lol:

No, please rest assured I don't take any offence...one has to be able to laugh at oneself? And I won't be taking on a project this big again for a very long time...it's been too much hardwork, pain, expense, frustration and stress...and that was never what this was supposed to be all about.

But at the end of the day (well, actually we haven't quite got there yet!)...I feel like I've 'achieved something' that people have 'taken notice of'...Whether they think it's good or bad is fair enough and we're all entitled to our own thoughts? But I've also learned and taught myself quite a lot along the way.

And believe me...this isn't one of your moderators winding you all up!

I have a whole set of photos that the magazine photographer gave me after the photo shoot (far better than my "snaps") but I was sworn not to release them on to the 'net until after the magazine article had been published...which it now has. I'll have to get his permission but with clearance I'll post a link to a slideshow of some of them that my wife has put together for the website...she does all that sort of stuff because my girlfriend and I haven't got much of a clue about computers! ;)

Cheers to all!

No, please rest assured I don't take any offence...one has to be able to laugh at oneself? And I won't be taking on a project this big again for a very long time...it's been too much hardwork, pain, expense, frustration and stress...and that was never what this was supposed to be all about.

But at the end of the day (well, actually we haven't quite got there yet!)...I feel like I've 'achieved something' that people have 'taken notice of'...Whether they think it's good or bad is fair enough and we're all entitled to our own thoughts? But I've also learned and taught myself quite a lot along the way.

And believe me...this isn't one of your moderators winding you all up!

I have a whole set of photos that the magazine photographer gave me after the photo shoot (far better than my "snaps") but I was sworn not to release them on to the 'net until after the magazine article had been published...which it now has. I'll have to get his permission but with clearance I'll post a link to a slideshow of some of them that my wife has put together for the website...she does all that sort of stuff because my girlfriend and I haven't got much of a clue about computers! ;)

Cheers to all!

Are you going to buy a Zed now then? :p