Wheel nuts

smudgedon

OK, time for some new wheel nuts

Want some fairly long ones, and preferably a fairly small socket fitment. My ones at the moment require a 21mm socket and I've marked my wheels slightly due it being extremely tight (insert sexual innuendo here). So preferably something with 19mm to avoid damaging the wheels further

As for colour, I think a simple black would suffice

Any recommendations? Don't want to spend an absolute fortune, but want a decent set for my money

Not the best for a few reasons but what about the internal drive ones or whatever they are called? the special socket goes into the lug rather than around?

Kinda like this Internal%20Hex%20Drive%20Lock%20Bolt.jpg

But they have alot of downsides. Also try to invest if you haven't got one, one of these :

3703.jpg

I've got one of these mate, pretty good! And got that key to remove it - so u dont scratch your wheel

http://bit.ly/ZmIiTx

I had them on for just over a year now, no problems so far, apart from I did take my wheels off and on quite few times - so they(wheel nuts) got scratched inside and start slightly rusting...but at that price - just get 2 sets...once one starts to rust, put new set on and re-spray old set! My mate just gave me same set for free, and his is brand new...so they are on the car now...and will respray my old set so it ready for swap in the future! If you local to me(Leamington spa) - feel free to pop around and try out my 2nd set, see if you like them

I've got one of these mate, pretty good! And got that key to remove it - so u dont scratch your wheel

http://bit.ly/ZmIiTx

I had them on for just over a year now, no problems so far, apart from I did take my wheels off and on quite few times - so they(wheel nuts) got scratched inside and start slightly rusting...but at that price - just get 2 sets...once one starts to rust, put new set on and re-spray old set! My mate just gave me same set for free, and his is brand new...so they are on the car now...and will respray my old set so it ready for swap in the future! If you local to me(Leamington spa) - feel free to pop around and try out my 2nd set, see if you like them

I've just got a set of those from Rarerims only in chrome :thumbs: .

Pete

I think it's a good choice! They are made of steel so should be pretty strong... And as I said I had them for over a year and took them off tens of times - and there are no signs of that they will fail any time soon

I was looking at these in gold, but they also do them in your favourite colour ;) (and black)

sr48_purple_zpsfb03a402.jpg

These are a 17mm hex so no problem with aftermarket wheels and are chrome vanadium (steel) as well so they should be a bit better and safer than the usual aluminium ones. These weigh 2oz and the aluminium ones only weigh 0.7oz so there's quite a bit of difference.

http://www.funkypowe...id_product=6296

Also this site has a few stunning ones but its in the states.

http://www.evasivemo...ategory_Code=L1

After all the stories/experiences of alloy nuts, what il probably do it buy some standard wheel nuts from Nissan and get them painted in the colour of choice, that way you've no worries of sheering etc and have the look of alloy ones

After all the stories/experiences of alloy nuts, what il probably do it buy some standard wheel nuts from Nissan and get them painted in the colour of choice, that way you've no worries of sheering etc and have the look of alloy ones

Muteki seem to be well rated, plus the 17mm is perfect as I won't wreck my wheels