Zed (and generally useful) Tool Tips Wanted

Stutopia

With Zeditis taking it's toll I am after a mew bits and pieces for various jobs. I have a basic socket set, screwdrivers, jeweller's 'drivers, trim removal tools, a ryobi (dremel knock off) and I need a decent (hopefully cordless drill), any suggestions before I get ordering and also any other bits you've found indispensable when working in the Zed?

I mainly used them to break electronic goodies so far, so might need to macho up my tools for car work.

Hopefully fill up my Burberry wash bag when I need to modify (see below for explanation).

Ta

I agree, at least two torque wrenches, one for higher torques, such as wheel nuts and one for lower ones such as spark plugs. thing I have a 6 inch long one (oh-er missus) that does something like 20-50 Nm and then a larger one, 20 inches or so from 40- 300 Nm ish, very useful tools. Other than that, a decent socket set. I've been through so may £10 - £30 sets you wouldn't believe, they always fail when working on cars eventually, usually sheared adaptors or damaged ratchet mechanisms, I recommend Halfords advance for these

Edited by cs2000

Yeah, my bad, I didn't see it. However, TBF, I was mainly after a tip on a decent cordless drill to start with but I thought I'd tag on the tools bit too.

Think I'm going DeWalt on the drill but open to suggestions.

DeWalt is a yellow black and decker - or I think they are - I though Black and decker bought them?

I have a makita - expensive but very good - Hitachi do a few good ones at the same sort of money as a high end Black and Decker / Dewalt.

I did a full day interview at B&D as a youth. DeWalt was just a brand they dreamed up for their professional gear to disassociate from the DIY stuff they also did - least that what they told us.

I saw Makita but never heard of them, assumed it was the Sanyo of the tools world, thanks for the tip.