Engine light on Fault code P0430 help please

ecousi

HI everyone thanks for looking at my post,

My engine light is doing my head in!! it has been in to a Nissan dealer to have the fault code read and diagnosis but we are not getting anywhere.

Has anybody else had this code P0430 TW Catalyst SYS-B2. The first time the light came on the code was P0420 TW Catalyst SYS-B1 (drivers side bank) so the dealer advised replacement of the rear 02 sensor on that side.

This was completed and for a while the light was off, however now every time I do any motor-way driving Constant speed around 3000 RPM the light comes back on and the SyS - B2 fault code is displayed. the light does not go out with restarting the engine but is on all the time until I go into the dealer to have it turned off. Can anyone help??

I have a feeling that one of or both the cats are at fault but with new cats at £1500 each dont want to make a very expensive mistake, (the dealer has advised that the cats need to be replaced and then possible further testing) I am also concerned that this fault may be with the engine and may just knacker new cats in a short space of time. Any thoughts or ideas welcome!!

Sorry forgot to add the engine is running fine with no hesitation or missfire.

Thanks for reading Ed

The cats/o2 sensors could be on the way out, but this is a fairly common problem especially when it is very cold. It is not a code that will do any harm to your engine, so don't worry about that.

You can read / reset the codes yourself to save yourself some cash.

1. Buy yourself a cheap OBD2 reader from ebay (about £20) or a bluetooth one and get an app for your android phone called 'Torque' (I think there is a similar Apple app)

2. Do the 'Peddle dance' as follows:

Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON†and wait 3 seconds.

Repeat the following two procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds:

Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).

Fully release the accelerator pedal.

Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.

Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)

Wait about 10 seconds.

- Count the flashing lights now- this is the code.

Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.

Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).

Turn ignition switch to “OFF†position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

There is a full guide in the guides section on here.

If you want to try oem cats, PM zmanalex as I'm sure he'll have some good used ones for a good price.

Or, use it as an excuse to buy the HFC and get a uprev to reap the benefits. :D

Cool thanks everyone for the info and great advise.

Darren B yes sounds good how can we sort out money delivery etc where abouts are you? could I collect?

Where can I get some spacers for the sensors ?

And finally just to confirm is the uprev an ECU remap ? and how would be the best people to carry it out ?

Thanks again for all your help guys

• 3 weeks later...