370z black edition - newbie questions

markizok

Hi guys - I'm looking at getting a low mileage black edition sometime over the next few months once i have found one at a dealer or i can sell my 530d. I have been doing my research and it seems that they came fully loaded, is that correct? Were there any options? It looks like the parking camera is integrated into the DVD player, is that correct - the wife will need to use it every so often so parking sensors are a minimum (if its to be kept in good shape!).

Are there any other things I need to know? They look rock solid and a seem to be a decent improvement on my old 350z.

Thanks for all your help!

Ps - if you hear of anyone wanting to sell let me know. There is a great one on ebay (number 92) with the right mileage, if only my current car was sold :(

GT Edition comes fully loaded - except parking sensors, but does have a reversing camera

wasn't aware the Black edition (or otherwise known as anniversary edition) came with a camera as standard................could be wrong though

Black Edition comes with Connect Premium (Satnav/DVD/etc) but it does not include a parking camera. One can be added easily for a couple of hundred pounds with a loom from the US and a camera from eBay.

Have a look here - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/30418-370z-black-edition/

That's right. The necessary software etc is built into the connect premium sat nav on our Black Editions, but they don't come with a camera fitted.

As it happens, I'm sitting in the waiting room at my local fitters having the kit from Brian in the US installed right now (i got the full kit - camera and all the wires) - arrived in less than a week (had to pay £40 for the customs charges etc).

Will post some thoughts and pictures once the install is done.

If you find a Black Editon you like I'd say go for it. Very happy with mine (try and check out both colours - Quartz and Black - both look great).

Yeah, I have heard that the exhuat let's it down. People seem to go for the f1 noise where as I prefer the burble, more like a v8 (?).

Will definitely get the parking cam, maybe even front sensors depending how confortable the wife feels. All I need to do now is find a dealer with a low mileage car..... Fingers crossed I'm not waiting a long time!

Quick question on quartz, is it a very dark silver, hard to see from the websites?

Cheers

Heres a lil vidio of my black edition in quartz, so you can see the colour, its pretty nice, it even has some purple tones in the right light.

This is just after I had the exhaust done to an akrapovic fitted by cougar store.

Just 2 things, put the video on HD quality (720p) and make sure you don't listen through laptop speakers as they both don't do it justice!

Naz

Edited by naz2k5

Here's mine in black. Definitely recommend the exhaust upgrade, and if the car you're looking at is an early 2010 model, try to find out if it has had the steering lock replaced as that's a ticking time-bomb which is expensive to correct out of warranty.

IMG_9548.JPG

IMG_9557.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys - i am still searching for a black edition but to no avail..... I nearly bought a white one from a local chap out of pure frustration but decided otherwise, wonder what else i need to do.

I have seen one online but it looks expensive at £21k for a 10 plate when this white one was £16.5k for a 59..... oh well, the search continues!

Out of interest what price should i be looking at for a black edition manual, either colour is fine!

Depends a lot on the mileage. I'm the sort of person who would probably buy another colour out of impatience. But if you really want the Black Edition it's worth resisting the temptation. They do crop up on Autotrader relatively regularly so you may just need to be patient.

The black editions are nice, but at the end of the day, virtually all but a handful of base model Z's are of near the same spec. The black edition gets different coloured seats that is about it from what is obviously noticable.

The black editions are nice, but at the end of the day, virtually all but a handful of base model Z's are of near the same spec. The black edition gets different coloured seats that is about it from what is obviously noticable.

There is also the darker wheels (although you can obviously replicate them on any Z) and the fact that Quartz is a unique colour to the Black Editions. I certainly agree its basically the same car (and i love all the Zs) but I can also understand that he has set his heart on one, as its exactly how I felt when I first saw em :)

The Black Edition has the same suspension as the GT pack cars. It has the improved Connect Premium sat nav, but again that appears in every GT pack car that was made after a certain date (2010 onwards I think). It is no different mechanically to the GT pack cars; the differences are purely cosmetic. I believe the limited edition 2011+ GT Edition cars (not the same as the GT pack) have some limited mechanical refinements. Hope that helps.

Edited by sipar69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're still looking, Velvis cars in Colchester has a number of 370Z's at the moment. Might be worth looking at.

Not any more just bought the last one! I would recommend Velvis cars though good people to do business with and very happy with my new purchase.

As per all the above owners comments .. The 40th Edition in Quarz Black is a Limited edition all with it own unique number. My 2010 did not have a reverse camera but as per previous threads (including my own) they can be bought from Brian in the states (great bloke communication & service). I fitted my own and posted the fit on this site, apart from having to remove an alarming amount of the cars interior it was just a simple plug & play fit with Brian's Kit. The steering lock is is now on a Nissan recall list so i wouldnt imagine there would be many that haven't been done, if they haven't its a dealer fix.

I have the Auto with paddle shift and love everything about the car finding driving the Auto even better than my previous 350Z manual.

The exhaust note or lack of it is the only minus about the car. The improvements to the trim and dash etc make the car feel much better and whilst i have never been a fan of loud interiors the Red that comes in the Quartz is great. Look for dirty/worn driver door cards as the red suede is a bugger to keep clean.. ITS A ZED ENOUGH SAID .. !!

• 11 months later...