So confused 17" wheels

Luke0549

Right here goes

ATM I have

Fronts - 225/50/17

Rears - 235/50/17

Does it matter if ibuy 225/45/17 and 235/45/17?

Also, can I run 235/45/17 all round?

It's just I want Goodyear eagle f1s but they not that common in 50.

Cheers

Dropping a profile may mean you have TCS issues. Running the same size all round means you're going to get some intense oversteer, which means the back end is likely to want to overtake the front very easily, not something I'd recommend ;)

I bought 225/45/17 and 235/45/17 for my winter tyres as I couldn't get the 50 profiles in Winter Snow tyres. There are 3 issues

1) the speedo reads wrong by another 5% so it's normally about 8 or 9% out (checking against SatNav)

2) The TCS gets upset if you really give her some beans. It's OK 99% of the time - on winter tyres I wasn't too concerned as I don't drive hard on winter tyres - if you're buying these for summer you may have it crop up a bit more. You can avoid all the TCS issues though - by turning it off. Then it never trips you up

3) As the rolling radius is small (see 1) above) you travel more wheel rotations for any distance so you'll rack up more miles on your odometer. Of course, it's only 5% but -

Apart from that - you CAN get away with it. What you MUST NOT do is mix profiles - if they're all 45 then at least the fronts and the rears are in sync. If you put 50 profile on the rear and 45 on the front the TCS will throw a fit.

If you put 50 profile on the LHS and 45 profile on the RHS I suggest you apply for sectioning under the mental health act.

Better still, see if you can pick up some 18" wheels and tyres and you can then either flog the 17" that are sought after for winter use or keep them for that purpose yourself, all if money allows or course

Right here goes

ATM I have

Fronts - 225/50/17

Rears - 235/50/17

Does it matter if ibuy 225/45/17 and 235/45/17?

Also, can I run 235/45/17 all round?

It's just I want Goodyear eagle f1s but they not that common in 50.

Cheers

Dropping a profile may mean you have TCS issues. Running the same size all round means you're going to get some intense oversteer, which means the back end is likely to want to overtake the front very easily, not something I'd recommend ;)

No, it wont lol.