I HATE POT HOLES!!

A9H-RX

I hit a unseen pot hole the other day.. Normally I get a knock, throw a few F*cks and get over it... This one I hit crashed so hard I thought I put a hole in the floor!! Further investigation on a ramp shows how close I was to hitting my sump!!!

Think its worth claiming off council for compo? Anyone got any worse pics and actually claimed for damages?553187_10151506127503936_471078096_n.jpg

Edited by A9H-RX

There is a ditch on the A12 just after Kelverdon that has been there for a year, or more. They don't even bother fixing it. 2 buckled front already and a new tyre.

Can't even drive around as it goes across the road. Maybe getting us to keep spending on repair will speed up the recovery.

Good luck with the claim, if you don't ask you don't get.

Edited by st519

If it was circled in white paint, you can claim.

Do it.

Also, depending on your council - if you spot a pot hole for the love of god check their website to see if they have a feature to mark them. Someone will head out (fairly quickly from my experience) and mark it off.

Example:

https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/road-maintenance-and-cleaning/problems-on-roads-and-highways/report-a-defect-part-ii?defectid=237135

The Surrey site allows you to mark it off on a map.

Edited by RobPhoboS

My Dad claimed about 5 years back for a punctured tyre due to a pothole (Cheshire council) and they paid up but I guess its a lot more common now so I'm sure they are as tight as a ducks ****!

It really is a disgrace, I have to weave my way around the Cheshire roads to avoid serious expense to wheels, tyres and suspension.

If it was circled in white paint, you can claim.

Do it.

Also, depending on your council - if you spot a pot hole for the love of god check their website to see if they have a feature to mark them. Someone will head out (fairly quickly from my experience) and mark it off.

Example:

https://www.surreycc...defectid=237135

The Surrey site allows you to mark it off on a map.

Thanks you've just prompted me to be pro-active and do something instead of just cursing. I'm going to make a concerted effort to report as many as possible over the next two weeks.

This is the site for Essex https://secureweb1.essexcc.gov.uk/Highways/Report-a-highway-problem.aspx

• Like 1

Thought it was only Lincolnshire where these freakin great holes are causing motoring misery but seems to be everywhere, so pleased my almost £500 a year is helping (helping the fat cats get fatter probably). Anyway rant over, smile:! :D

Years back not long after I first started driving I went through a hole( went half way across the road & car coming the other way), massive bang, stereo went off for a couple minutes but all seemed fine when I got home which was only a couple of minutes after.

Went back out later though to a buckled wheel & tyre pulled off the rim.

Went to take photos but council had filled them but I thought I'd do a claim anyway. A few weeks later arrived a cheque for a new wheel along with a letter saying they hold no responsibility for the damages but here's a cheque.

Still cost me a new tyre though