RC Drift Thread

Shaun1982

I've just got a HPI E10 with hopped up centre shaft & metal ball bearings. It's my first car & to be fair we have nowhere other than a car park to go drift in.

Mine came with an R32 shell which has had a bit of a beating, bought 2 new shells for it & haven't actually drifted either yet lol. Think i like doing the shells more :lol:

I have an old Tamiya TL01 chassis from about 10 years ago that I rebuild to drift spec a few years back.

Bought every hop up going and a big motor made it a lot of fun. Put an AE86 shell on it and everything!

Started out with ABS plastic pipe tyres but upgraded to proper drift tyres since..... I don't use it much but I do dig it out every now and then...

4 wheel drive car and just lock / fix rear diff then throw on a set of drift tyres and your off, but once you get the bug its all all about camber/ toe/ suspension and the list goes on but you can go touring car like mavric strada or my Schumacher and you have all the adustments you can ever need hope this helps and join a forum as plenty of UK ones like msuk

Edited by kyte350

Some cool shells in there guys :B):

You can get a fair few of eBay 2nd hand. That's where mine came from, plenty good enough for some car park drifting with some mates :thumbs:

Some of the MST chassis get veerrrrry expensive, all depends on what you use it for though I guess.

Here's a couple of my shells,neither drifted yet lol

HPI S15

a7u4upu3.jpg

esytamun.jpg

Undecided on keeping the spoiler?

a9y7y4um.jpg

I know which bunch of videos you mean. Absolutely mental with that car! I've not even mounted the S15 with its stealth mounts,it was only sat on in the photos, pain in the arse with not much adjustment. Can't figure how I can even fit them to another shell either, different shells are different heights at the posts & now they're chopped down to accommodate the S15 that's it I think lol. Ill try grab a quick zed shot

I had a rwd buggy when I was little. Had turbo boost when you pushed the stick right up. Was ace until I wiped it out into my nannas patio door at warp speed, caught the off switch on the remote so it kept going lol

Couple quick pics I just took of mind again.

S15 with its light buckets

ede9epu7.jpg

erehy3es.jpgyrymu5a9.jpg

And my homage to my first zed, never did find the right Rota GTR type wheels in black for it so its just sat on the chassis

he7utyhu.jpg

7uhydyde.jpg

That video is ace! How on earth did they get the interior to move like its real? Amazed at that :B):

I was eyeing up a couple of shells yesterday, a c35 laurel & Max Orido's GT86. Worked out to be just shy of £70 for each of them delivered from either Tonisport or Race And Drift Japan, then you need to add paint as well at about £8 or more, probably new wheels, then an led kit for the lights if you buy buckets too. I wouldn't dare drift it lol