what AFR guage?

The Chubby Ninja

hey guys, im just about to buy a AFR guage and just wondered what ones you went for or can recommend. right now its a toss up between the AEM failsafe AFR guage and the innovate Motorsports MTX-L. im looking for a complete kit with the O2 sensor and everything i need to get it up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

AEM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AEM-FAILSAFE-AFR-WIDEBAND-AIR-FUEL-RATIO-AND-BOOST-IN-ONE-GAUGE-30-4900-/300733137728?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4605178340

Innovate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Innovate-Motorsports-MTX-L-Complete-All-In-One-Air-Fuel-Ratio-Gauge-Kit-PN-3844-/181085896682?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a298f7fea

thanks guy. after just watching some videos on youtube ive decided to go with the AEM. Ian i cant find an hks dual channel, when i google it just gives me hks exhausts. where did you get yours from? also when fitting the new o2 sensor, can it just go on one of the decats or is it better to go into the y pipe?

Search for HKS AFK ;) It monitors knock aswell :) I got it from RHDJapan a few years ago, its expensive though :surrender:

From memory I think it was passenger side decat that took the best reading on a single channel :)

ok found it now. looks like a decent bit of kit. cant find any for sale though but to be honest i dont want to spend much over £200 on the guage. i dont know exactly how much the hks is going for but i believe you when you say its expensive :lol: . thats cool about the decat as its the easier of the two to get off for cutting/welding the new bung onto. thanks for the help guys its really appreciated :thumbs:

Sam are you using the failsafe model?

Na, the UEGO.

The fail safe sound interesting, have you asked your tuner how well it would integrate into your setup regarding whether you can actually utilise the fail safe function?

I think you can only use the failsafe cutout on turbo cars as it works by cutting the boost via the actuator but it will still give you the alarm signal flash. Well thats what i gather from the couple of vids i watched. It might be completely different and releases the pressure out the intercooler piping or something. Il send mark a pm and see what he knows about it

About 8-9psi M45 Jackson racing Supercharger with a smaller SC pulley and a crank overlay, EV14 550 injectors, intercooler, and Megasquirt 2 with mods. gave me 218 bhp, not bad from a car that was 110bhp standard.

All fitted and road tuned by me, with a final run on a rolling road to fine tune. :teeth:

*update* spoke to mark and the failsafe cant be used with the standard ecu so im going for the normal AEM afr guage

Thought that might be the case. ;)

Not worth the extra money, just to have it put a light on on the dash. The standard AEM AFR gauge is a well proven unit, so a good choice. :)