Window tinting

Dashurik

My question is :

What shade and brand you used?

Did you do windscreen also?

How visibility changed after ?

I'm thinking to tint all my windows with 30% film all around,also tempted to do windscreen to 25%( beleive it's a legal limit).My main concern is how visibility will change?! Never mind good sunny day at daytime but when it's dark and pissing down then it's a worry for me.

Comments please...thx..

Edited by Dashurik

Just speak to a reputable place they will know all the legalities :thumbs:

I googled it:front windows on either side of the driver-70 % of light should pass the glass,windscreen -75%

Passengers side and rear ones can be tinted to any colour/shade....

The main concern I have is the visibility when windows are tinted...

Just speak to a reputable place they will know all the legalities :thumbs:

I googled it:front windows on either side of the driver-70 % of light should pass the glass,windscreen -75%

Passengers side and rear ones can be tinted to any colour/shade....

The main concern I have is the visibility when windows are tinted...

Will be worse at night too, I personally wouldn't tint the front or sides unless I wasn't using the car much

Isn't front and sides already tinted from the factory making any additional tint illegal?

Correct! tinting them will make your car over the legal limit and you will get pulled over!

Unless your doing it yourself with cheap tint and dont mind ripping it off when you get pulled over go for it! if your paying to have it done it might be al ot more of a painful mistake

Plus window tinting is a bitch to do it yourself!!

There you go Dashurik you found the answer yourself... :thumbs:

Spoke to one reputable garage already ,was told that most likely windscreen is factory tinted...So any more tinting on top and I'm in trouble..Regarding side and back windows I'm not sure if they tinted at all,I feel like the fish aquarium at the moment!

The best way to check is to use a light scanning machine on the window,have seen one on YouTube..

• Like 1

Isn't front and sides already tinted from the factory making any additional tint illegal?

Correct! tinting them will make your car over the legal limit and you will get pulled over!

Unless your doing it yourself with cheap tint and dont mind ripping it off when you get pulled over go for it! if your paying to have it done it might be al ot more of a painful mistake

Plus window tinting is a bitch to do it yourself!!

The only good job on film wrapping I can do iis my sandwiches!! :-)

• 1 month later...

The UK law states that the two front side windows, i.e. the windows either side of the driver’s head, must have a VLT (visable light transmition) of >70%. That means that at least 70% of light must pass through. Most modern car windows are made of glass with a 80-70% VLT, so even a very light film applied to the front windows will take the VLT the wrong side of 70% and therefore will not be legal.

Edited by ioneabee

What ever the side windows are they are on the limit.

I was told that when I asked for a medium tint to be put on them.

I had them done anyway.

Now if I see a police car I drop the 2 side windows.

There is nothing to say you can't drive with your windows down.

Its a swine in the snow and rain though

• Like 1

I had a strip put along the top of the windscreen and a darker tint for the rear and side.

They were done by a mate who owns a tint shop in Sutton.

Autoshades.

But if your further West or nearer London I have a contact there who does an excellent job.

I got my fronts redone recently using Lumar film from a professional tinter (Tintinit in Wiltshire).

Fronts are 35% and rears are 50-70% which sort of gives the effect that the windscreen is tinted and gives the car stealth look without being OTT.

944498_10151581821023329_227225859_n.jpg

It is illegal, let alone lunacy to tint your windscreen.

Get a professional to do it as it's a tough job to get right. Do it cheap, do it twice IMO.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a strip put along the top of the windscreen and a darker tint for the rear and side.

They were done by a mate who owns a tint shop in Sutton.

Autoshades.

But if your further West or nearer London I have a contact there who does an excellent job.

Interesting... I wanna get mine done soon. Very soon.

I got my fronts redone recently using Lumar film from a professional tinter (Tintinit in Wiltshire).

Fronts are 35% and rears are 50-70% which sort of gives the effect that the windscreen is tinted and gives the car stealth look without being OTT.

944498_10151581821023329_227225859_n.jpg

It is illegal, let alone lunacy to tint your windscreen.

Get a professional to do it as it's a tough job to get right. Do it cheap, do it twice IMO.

Phil from Tintinit ( Wiltshire ) did mine do, fantastic job and has helped me out with other things to.

Phil from Tintinit ( Wiltshire ) did mine do, fantastic job and has helped me out with other things to.

I thought you said you were gonna see a proper doctor about that rash??? It really worried me as I had thought I might have contracted it too. :shrug: Luckily I didn't.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid