Thank you Brembo and Bridgestone.

Stutopia

I just nearly wiped out some kid. Passing a parked bus, so I slowed down just in case. He walked straight out from behind it, never even looked my way! He must have ice in his veins as he still never looked around, even after I skidded to a halt, with his back about 6 inches off my bonnet. Stopped so quick I never even got the clutch in! He just breezed on. Thanks Brembo and Bridgestone.

A car coming the other way pulled in and bollocked him! I think I bricked it more than he did! Lucky little bugger.

Didn't know whether to file this under brakes or tyres, so went general.

And thank you SuperStu for driving responsibly, by slowing down whilst passing a parked bus and being alert enough not to plough down a kid that doesn't understand the meaning of stop, look listen. :thumbs:

I lost a friend a few years ago because he had headphones in and just walked out in front of a van. It was terrible for his family but the bloke that hit him has had to live with the trauma at last I heard wasn't too well.

Kids need to stop plugging in to their phones and iPods and look up and see the world around the. Too many people looking down at the ground without a care in the world.

• Like 1

Good reactions :thumbs: I has the same a few years back in my shed, luckily I predicted early on the kid was going to run out to get his ball and could slow down and prepare to throw on the anchors.

I had a similar thing a while ago in an MR2 but with a car pulling out in front of me instead of a kid... there's no worse feeling than not so good ABS kicking in and shuddering the car to a stop, it always makes me feel like I could stop the car quicker without it.

There are many deaths associated with passengers getting off a bus and not waiting until its pulled away b4 crossing the road.

I spent many years as a Bus driver at Dorking and later Fulwell.

At Dorking we had bus conductors who would bark out orders to the kids to either go to the crossing or wait till the bus had departed.

sadly OMO has killed off the conductor, and now kids seem to do what ever they want.

There are many deaths associated with passengers getting off a bus and not waiting until its pulled away b4 crossing the road.

In the States it's illegal to pass a school bus when its loading or unloading children.

Pete

In the States it's illegal to pass a school bus when its loading or unloading children.

Pete

They had a simular thing over here with the bendy buses.

They were 2 long for the bus pullins and often could not see to pull out. Bang!!

So then they filled all the bus stop pullins and bought the kerb out level with the road.

And made a law of Tort that you could not overtake them!

I think that fell by the wayside

Edited by 4RE Leather