Decent quality rucksack/backpack suggestions ???

neo

Can anyone recommend a decent quality but not too expensive backpack/rucksack ????

it will also be used for carry on luggage when i fly to the states again, fed up of buying £20ish ones that look good but fall apart far too easily :blush:

Vango and bergaus are good makes at not bad prices, if you can stretch to north face they are pretty solid as well. We use slot of vango and bergaus with our D of E students. Can't remember what brand I have, will need to go up stairs and check but it cost me £60 15 years go and its still going strong.

Great suggestions, thx guys :teeth:

will have a look around town next weekend for either a Berghaus or a northface one then look online for a better price :D

Try blacks, millets and Cotswold outdoors.

Go to an Army Navy store and buy the new army backpack.

It was designed to be Soldier proof so will be tried and tested.

will check out all the options thx again guys for being helpful :)

• 3 weeks later...

Son's just bought one of these SnugPack Sleeka Force 35. Says it's really good. sleeka_force_35.jpg £50 ish

SnugPack sleeeping bags are the 'dogs b*ll*ocks' so if that is anything to go by think their back packs will fair well :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

Finally got round to getting a backpack :)

looked at 2 different northface ones, one was about 3kgs without anything in it :scare: the other felt very cheap n nasty even tho it was £49.

went for a 'Jeep' branded one, should have been £40 reduced to £20, feels better made than the above northface ones but only time will tell :)