headlight washer "Embarrassment "

snoged

after parking my car in the supermarket car park this evening i decided to give my screen a quick wash and the usual head light wash thing kicked in and to the lady in the opposite parking spaces suprise she got washed as well :blush: after jumping out and trying to explain ...i then realised this was a bit different from what im used to then i noticed the square plastic cover was missing !

first question is is this a common problem ? (as i cannot find any other post that talks about this) so probably not would anyone nick this bit ???

and finally has anyone got one for sale or any advice the best place to get one ?

thanks all

they have 2no. small screws that hold them on from inside, you have to remove the washer (after removing the bumper) to get to them, so if someone has stolen them I would imagine they are broken. PM ZMANALEX or R35LEE I`m sure they will be able to help

It`s easy, only takes 10-15mins, small flat blade screwdriver for the plastic pins (6on the slam panel, 6 on the wheel arche liners, phillips screwdriver for the 2no. screws on the wheel arche liners, 10mm socket for the 4no. on wheel arche liners & 4no. securing the bumper) get a bucket to collect you windscreen wash. An easy job, even easier if you take the front wheels off

I lost part of mine once, don't know how. I bought just the square bit from Nissan and it didn't cost too much. Just clipped back into place. Basically the square bit has the nozzle on the back of it that directs the water jet towards the headlamp. With out it it fires what seems like a pint of water 6ft in the air.

I didn't replace it immediately and kept accidentally firing it onto the pavement :lol: It's quite hilarious how far the jet can shoot!

If you carefully pull the square bit out from your bumper you can see how it is attached.

• Like 1

Clip On. Zmanalex supplied me a new one colour coded too.

Mineshot off while parked once so I clipped it back on, it was dark so couldnt see that all the plastic clips were not all there.

Then driving home I cleared my screen and off it went down the road. Found it the next morning but had been run over and not quite square :wacko:

Bit off-topic, but a little tip - on a cold day if your window wiper washers freezes up, with the lights on the headlight washers thaw out quick.

So use below 10mph and your windscreen gets a good soaking too :lol:

You only get one shot per journey though so use wisely!!! B)