Carbon B Pillars

Shaun1982

Been having a look tonight & only managed to find them on knight racer, got my old ones from a member on here who's not around anymore. Saying that I have messaged someone on eBay about a set on there but no response as yet.

The Nismo ones are waaaaayyy too expensive, especially as they don't even have any wrap around edges.

Does anyone else here make them anymore?

Ewan they actually look pretty good, never been a fan of carbon effect but that picture surprised me :thumbs:

RT, Does dipping cover marks etc?

Previous owner has stuck nismo badges on the b pillars & one of them has glue around it, obviously unsure what state they would be in once I've removed them.

These are what I found on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230929843722;jsessionid=24A495B72B76B4106F3C991CCC1032EF?ru=http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=230929843722&_rdc=1

Edited by Shaun1982

I think Steve @ Redline has some of these for sale doesn't he? Drop him a PM maybe

I have these on my Zed - they aren't carbon fibre but are "CF look" gel stick on covers. IMHO they look OK - but other opinions equally valid!

David

Just done a quick google & read a thread on my350. People on there have said they don't last in rain at all, in fact one set were ruined in two weeks of rain.

Also google imaged them & found some pictures were they don't look just like a stick on piece. One photo was of Bhavin's car on a for sale thread by the look of it.

Just can't help but think if they didn't have Nismo on them they wouldn't be anywhere near that figure

Just done a quick google & read a thread on my350. People on there have said they don't last in rain at all, in fact one set were ruined in two weeks of rain.

Also google imaged them & found some pictures were they don't look just like a stick on piece. One photo was of Bhavin's car on a for sale thread by the look of it.

Just can't help but think if they didn't have Nismo on them they wouldn't be anywhere near that figure

The "gel" type Nismo ones?

I fitted mine within a couple of weeks of getting my Zed in September and they are as securely fitted now as the day I fitted them. Car has been used in rain, sun, snow, washed regularly by hand and with jet wash - no problems that I can see.

I did use panel preparation wipes on the pillars beforehand to ensure no trace of waxes or silicon before fixing them.

David

Not entirely sure we are talking about the same ones. Reading that link it seems to me they are referring to actual CF covers which may not have been lacquered?

I can't imagine that these gel versions will be susceptible to rain or sun damage - pop a question over to Steve at Redline - am sure he will have any evidence of having had failures of these in the past and I've always found him willing to give his straight forward advice/opinion - it isn't in his best interests to supply defective kit!

As I said mine still appear to be stuck fast - the entire back of the cover is adhesive covered as opposed to having strips of double sided tape. It does mean being super careful to line them up properly when fixing them as you won't get a second try!

David

David

Use petrol to get the stickers and glue off :thumbs:

Will that remove what looks to me like super glue dude?

Smudge those ones are Nismo ones dude Thanks anyway though

Should do, only 1 way to find out ;)

Ewan they actually look pretty good, never been a fan of carbon effect but that picture surprised me :thumbs:

RT, Does dipping cover marks etc?

Previous owner has stuck nismo badges on the b pillars & one of them has glue around it, obviously unsure what state they would be in once I've removed them.

These are what I found on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.u...29843722&_rdc=1

I do the parts on an exchange basis, so as long as they aren;t broken, i take your old set, refurb them and dip them and then they are sold to the next person. if there are chips or marks i clean them up and sand them back first.

its a painted finish, so no edges or lips like stick on stuff. its the original part, so it always fits just like the original part. and you can care for it just liek you do your normal paint work.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/60565-rtcustomz-carbon-dipped-b-pillars-65/

that happens to be the old pattern i used, i've now upgraded to a new pattern,

if you go on facebook and search for rtcustomz you'll see all the stuff done so far. lots of pics, when i have the new stuff finished i'll update the old threads, and add some new ones.

easiest way to find me on the forum is in the members trader section, and all my posts start with rtcustomz.

that gloss i used for the burgers is a foil based film, so great for flat work as its the most realistic carbon available. it has the holographic effect to it looks like real carbon, down side is you can;t wrap with it, as it won;t do bends etc.