Brake Warning Light, ESP Light and Vehicle Skid/Slip Light On?!!

A9H-RX

Hi Guys,

I tried to search the net and forums for a solution on this but everywhere has a different answer..?

I started my car the other day and the Parking brake light, ESP light and Skid/Slip light decided it didn't want to go out? First thing I checked was the brake fluid level which was fine. I then decided to take it for a drive which then the brake light went out and I manged to reset the ESP light. When trashing the car I soon noticed the Brake light coming on at high revs with my foot down, sometimes even bringing the ESP light and skid/slip light back on..? I spoke to Nissan who still know F*ck about anything and according to them the car doesn't have brake pad low warning sensors??

Any solutions on this? Would plugging into a diagnostic bring up fault codes?

Regards

Also double check the fluid level and make sure that it is on MAXIMUM.

Failing that I can give you a list of things to check in sequence after you have pulled the codes.

Alex. :)

I really thought I would be wasting my time with this one as the level was dead on half way but I topped the brake fluid up to maximum and believe it or not it actually cured the error! Looks like I'll be sending the new pads back and deleting abs sensor search results! LOL

Cheers guys!

Also double check the fluid level and make sure that it is on MAXIMUM.

Failing that I can give you a list of things to check in sequence after you have pulled the codes.

I really thought I would be wasting my time with this one as the level was dead on half way but I topped the brake fluid up to maximum and believe it or not it actually cured the error! Looks like I'll be sending the new pads back and deleting abs sensor search results! LOL

Cheers guys!

Good to hear :thumbs:

For the next suffering ZED owner along with the symptons A9H-RX mentioned the simple cure in his case is, more often that not, the answer - TAKE NOTE!

• 6 months later...

Was going to start a new thread, and noticed somebody else has had the same issue as me.

My brake warning lamp has started coming on randomly either at startup or when braking short and sharp. The skid and ESP light has also randomly started coming on, but only occasionally. Usually switching the engine off/on resolves the ESP and skid lights. Car had it's MOT last week at my local Nissan dealer, and the skid/ESP light has only started coming on since (albeit infrequently).

My fluid is around half way, so I think I'll pop out and get some to top it up to the maximum and see if it resolves the issue.

If my brake fluid went down to half way I would want to know where it went... :scare:

Ditto Will:

Providing there is not a leak then it will simply be a case of brake pads badly worn:

Options of quality brake pads and proper brake fluids always in stock and good to go same/next day

• Like 1

Topped it up to max last night, and haven't seen any warning lights come on this morning which is promising.

I'm booked in for a P3 Service in a few weeks, so hopefully if there are any issues they will spot it anyway. Only just had its MOT also, so reasonably confident there are no leaks etc.

Thanks all.

• 3 months later...