new owner of a cat d repairable 350z advice sought

Hello and :welcome: to the forum. This isn't just a great place for advice, but also for new and used parts from trusted traders and also members.

For example, how about a rear bumper, in the right colour for £120? http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67224-im-removing-a-few-parts-from-my-z-as-upgrading/

A big thank you for pointing me towards the bumper, looks like he still has it, that's a very good start, now need to figure out how I'm going to straighten out the metal

Thx

A big thank you for pointing me towards the bumper, looks like he still has it, that's a very good start, now need to figure out how I'm going to straighten out the metal

Thx

Not a problem :thumbs: As Keyser said, keep us updated with your progress by posting plenty of pics. Good luck with your (and your son's) project Zed.

I can't see enough from the pic to work out the extent of the damage - the outer wing can be pushed out from the inside or "pulled" from the outside when access is limited.

2 ways to do this with a slide hammer one is with glue on ends the other is to drill and bolt/rivet holders onto the panel then attach the slide hammer - it's skilled work as the metal stretches when it is bent and you can end up with bulges. Heat can also help but experience is what is require here.

If the panel is really bad it can be cut away and replaced.

If any of the inner body work is creased around the suspension line it should be pulled out with a hydraulic ram, but preferably it needs to go on a jig to be sure the whole car is straight and true - unfortunately jig time is very pricey.

see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjGArdhEZbY

at about 1min 20 sec

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Keyser

DSCF4385_zps223eebf2.jpg

Alex, you know when you parked your Zed on that dodgy estate, and those kids in hoodies and baseball caps said "Look after your car for a fiver mate" and you declined?

I think you should of said yes.... :teeth:

Thx keyser, will take plenty of pics when it gets here, can you take and post them direct from the iPhone onto the forum? this would save time.

If you use the tapatalk app you can dude :)

Thx, makes it so easy to post, I recommend

Tapatalk

Will the 350 reverse up on ramps to make it easy to remove and work on the rear parts without front end hitting floor?

Bad back syndrome :(

Yes I believe it will but you may need to do a bit of fettlng with bits of wood to stop it hitting.

Just remember the text of the smiley you use regulary, then you can enter it along with the text, just remember the ':' either side.

e.g. thumbs = :thumbs:

teeth = :teeth:

lol = :lol:

yahoo = :yahoo:

stir = :stir:

etc, etc.

Just setting up photobucket then goin to load the larger pics I saw before I bought the cat d, can't work out if it has got electric seats as it has winders on the side or heated?perhaps someone can confirm, driver seat looks worn at least the tyres are all the same.