Wheel fitment problems

Bullet

I've just bought a new set of wheels and tyres after lots of research i went with 18x 8.75 20et with 265/35/18 on the front and 18x 9.75 20et with 285/35/18 on the rear.

I was looking for a flush look and have seen this set used quite a lot in the states but for some reason my back wheels are sticking out of the arches by about 15mm.

anyone on here running that set up ? has anyone got any advice on where i go from here.

This is mine with 10.5 J ET20 on the back. Running 275 width tyres so slightly stretched.

Obviously your tyre would stick out another 5mm each side but the wheel in theory should be further in the arch.

4ECCE6B8-9A58-44C8-8D77-8F15E484AB7E-18984-00000EC49BC4B1CC.jpg

photo-7_zpsd5849b3b.jpg

Have you got any photos as it shouldnt stick out further than the arch.

+1, that set up sounds fine so I can only assume the wheels you have aren't what you've been told.

You checked to see if your current hubs have spacers fitted? May have been on from the previous owner if you bought the car used? Worth a look.

+1, that set up sounds fine so I can only assume the wheels you have aren't what you've been told.

You checked to see if your current hubs have spacers fitted? May have been on from the previous owner if you bought the car used? Worth a look.

+1

I've double checked the width and offset and they are all fine and there are no spacers on the car :(

DSCF0403_zps8ceb3d2e.jpg

DSCF0405_zpsc312276d.jpg

DSCF0404_zps8266c374.jpg

The only other thing i noticed that you guys seem to have lowered cars, could it be that you have more camber ? i'm baffled

It could just be camber. I'd say 285 tyres are on the limit of how wide you can go but plenty of people run a 9" front, 10" rear et20 without lowering and it doesn't stick out that far.

That's the limit of my technical knowledge, someone will be able to help but I'm baffled!

What's the fronts look like? I've got 10.5 et 20 and they don't stick out that much, I did how try on an 18x10 et 24 Blitz alloy last year and it stuck out nearly an inch despite being thinner and a higher offset than my rotas :shrug:

The fronts are fine, they are pretty much completely flush

this is that car i took inspiration from and its running a wider wheel with a lower offset and the same size tyres :S

The way i see it ive either got to lower it and run enough camber for it to sit inside the arch which will probably ruin the tyres or pull the rear arches

That pic I put up there is on standard suspension, and is definitely 10 ET20, I dont think youve got the right wheels.

That said the fitment youve got looks fine to my eye, it not a big problem is it?? If you really dont want any protrusion from the arch a degree of camber would fix it, they look pretty right to my eye already though :)