Inner guard security ticket

ashyk36

Hi all,

Bit of advice needed if anyone knows. I am normally very careful in where I park, I do not leave my car anywhere in which I may get a ticket. I went for a wedding last weekend and I was told I could park opposite the building. When I got back to my car I had parking ticket.

Foolish I know, I should have made sure I was 100% allowed to park in there rather than park in there, but what’s done is done and now I am looking at having to pay a fine of £60 to Inner Guard Security. I’m told Inner Guard Security cannot do this which is why I may get away with not paying the fine.

I have been online and there are many people that have been in my position and have never paid the fine. I've read they do all they can to get the money from you but normally they just go away.

Has anyone had an experience with this or does anyone know what to do? Should I pay it or just ignore it?

Thank you in advance

Never fear I am here!

Ignore ignore ignore

https://www.duedil.com/company/06513576/inner-guard-security-limited

Company is on the bones of its arse.......highly unlikely to pay for solicitor involvement. They are an accredited member of the British parking association which does mean they can get your details from the dvla (for a cost).

You may receive a letter but given their financial predicament I would assume resources are very tight and they basically rely on easy money rolling in. I would ignore this letter as well.

Also it's not a 'fine' it's a 'charge'.......a subtle but important definition. This is to 'compensate' the land owner for the use of their land.

An problems pm me

• Like 2

My understanding is that the only change is that they can't clamp you.

The ticket process is still quite grey and it would usually take a court to extract the money from you but there are virtually no instances of this happening.

Basically until court papers arrive done sweat it. If they ever did (which they won't) then chances are you'll still win.

Alternatively you can write an appeal (which will be rejected with a standardised letter) but you need a good argument as to why the ticket is unenforceable. This won't make the ticket to aŵay but might look better in court (even though you'll never get to court) that you tried to engage with them.

If it comes from the council (PCN), then you must pay it or fight it. If it comes from anywhere else, it goes straight in the bin. :)

And be careful with the non-council gits because they know this and they sometimes title their tickets PCN ......unless its issues by a council that's equally a load of crap to scare you.