Locked out of my Hotmail - Any ideas??

Sarnie

I have a Hotmail account linked to my eBay account. I have had the same password since 2007 until one day a few months ago it just stopped working. Every conceivable password it could be (this is assuming I changed it myself but forgot!), I've tried.

I've tried to reset the password but the memorable questions it asks have never been filled out as the account was opened so long ago so the system comes back saying that I haven't given enough verifiable information.

Here's the worrying thing; the other option it gives is to send a new password to a different email that is registered on the account and it gives part of the email address but it's nothing like an email address I've ever used, which leads me to think that the account maybe hacked??

What worries me is not only can the person email my clients but the same email address is same one used as my Paypal email for my ebay store..........

Hmmm

What to do?? I can't close the account as I can't even get into it, I've tried emailing/calling MS who put me through to some dummies in USA who told me to enter the memorable information :wacko:

Any ideas at all??? :headhurt:

my wife had this a while back, from memory we used my work email as her alternative address, it emailed the log in to there and got in that way. if that doesn't work, have you googled your problem? I know that sounds silly but I found several solutions on there.

Mine was hacked too a while ago, luckily I'd remembered to put enough info in previously to let the automatic system give me access, where I promptly removed the other email address that had been inserted in. No help to you now, I know, but there must be a way in via MS. IIRC you could enter the titles and names of recent emails to allow you in, worth a punt?

I switched to a separate system shortly after, but I still keep my Outlook account just in case I've forgotten to transfer anything over.

If you finally manage to get into your account, you should be changing your password on a very regular basis. If you do use a hotmail account again, when you set up your password, us the option to change your password every 75 days, of course you can always change more often.