Admiral 1 day insurance to bring shed home-update

jumping350

Im with Admiral and phoned them up last week to ask if i was allowed to drive other cars on my policy - and they told me i was - so i think this would cover you maybe?

Only if they are already covered by another insurance policy for someone else.

Just for clarity, I think the rules are that the vehicle must also not belong to you...

Im with Admiral and phoned them up last week to ask if i was allowed to drive other cars on my policy - and they told me i was - so i think this would cover you maybe?

Only if they are already covered by another insurance policy for someone else.

Just for clarity, I think the rules are that the vehicle must also not belong to you...

Thats what my insurance companies have always said. The vehicle must not be owned by you and must already be insured by someone else. Even then its third party only cover.

Owner said it had nice sounding exhaust which it does,looked underneath and saw hks, result. I haggled him down to 1300 wanted rid as already had new car

Proof that you don't need to buy a crappy French hatchback as a second car :thumbs:

exactly i still wanted to drive round in something that was relatively good looking and fun to drive and im glad its in white not very common for this model at all.

I told admiral i wanted to buy the car and bring it home etc and they said its fine as long as the other car has no insurance on it at all and i would be only person connected to it insurance wise

also i got fully comp not third party so maybe admiral have a different approach to it.

Admiral seem pretty good with the more powerful cars, awful with your average shed. I think they charge £25 per person per year for the DOC and you don't even need to contact them regarding the car before hand, so long as it's already privately insured. They're modifications cover is pants though, £25 a year and it only covers up to £500 or 10% of the value of the car, whichever is less. Not much good if you've got new wheels or exhaust though.