birdview update

PKAT

There are 2 different systems for the Zed.

Up to 2005 and you need the X6.0

2005 UPWARDS you need the X7.0

If your current disc works it should have the number on the front so get the corresponding number.

It is not unknown for a pre 2005 to have a X7.0 and visa versa where people have an exchange unit.

This is for a 2006+

Ahttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-XANAVI-X7-0-Sat-Nav-Update-maps-DVD-2013-Navigation-Map-Update-Disc-/330880381381?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4d0a01f1c5

And i just bought a copy:)

I am sure that by now you will all be able to identify your system and the disc you require.

details are also in the navigation instructions that came with the vehicle if you have them:)

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 1

Here is an X6 for older Zeds

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43b957e7d2

Arghhh, earlier Zed's don't have a DVD player, they have a CD player and they need the X5 CD disk. Here, take gander at this thread, posted on a U.S 350Z site by a British owner, he posts a picture of the SatNav CD player in his GT4. Anyone contemplating buying any sort of disk with an earlier Zed should take a look behind the seat and see what system is fitted.

http://www.350z-tech...-nav-issue.html

If your system looks like this ie no buttons then you have The CD version with the remote control.

$T2eC16NHJHYE9nzpcw70BRPO!bpwRw~~60_12.JPG

Edited by JetSet

I did some research on this a while ago before binning the idea and going for the stand alone Sat Nav. If your system is running 5.0 or 5.1 you can not get any upgrades for it. Basically Nissan fitted the system into some of the 2004 models but not all. Some were fitted with a newer system running the 6.0. Because of this they never made a updated version for the earlier system. Therfore if you do have a disc that has the 5.0 or the 5.1 forget it they dont exist. Now if i'm wrong and you do find a way to ugrade the existing system dont keep it to yourself. Good Luck.

Here is an X6 for older Zeds

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43b957e7d2

Arghhh, earlier Zed's don't have a DVD player, they have a CD player and they need the X5 CD disk. Here, take gander at this thread, posted on a U.S 350Z site by a British owner, he posts a picture of the SatNav CD player in his GT4. Anyone contemplating buying any sort of disk with an earlier Zed should take a look behind the seat and see what system is fitted.

http://www.350z-tech...-nav-issue.html

If your system looks like this ie no buttons then you have The CD version with the remote control.

$T2eC16NHJHYE9nzpcw70BRPO!bpwRw~~60_12.JPG

Like I said you do need to check.

1st on the dvd facia cover as it has a code on there.

There maybe some differences in USA but I personally never had a problem.

I have had 2 2009 Zeds a 2008 pathfinder Adventua, and a 2005 Nissan Patrol.

All 4 have had the birdsview and all replacements I got from fleabay.

It's a shame I could not take a look at the entire set up as I am sure I would be able to suss it out.

Also I would have thought there would have been many subjects on here in the Archives over such a major indifference!

I did some research on this a while ago before binning the idea and going for the stand alone Sat Nav. If your system is running 5.0 or 5.1 you can not get any upgrades for it. Basically Nissan fitted the system into some of the 2004 models but not all. Some were fitted with a newer system running the 6.0. Because of this they never made a updated version for the earlier system. Therfore if you do have a disc that has the 5.0 or the 5.1 forget it they dont exist. Now if i'm wrong and you do find a way to ugrade the existing system dont keep it to yourself. Good Luck.

If you live near me we can shove a newer disc in to see what happens?

However the players are always coming up on fleabay for silly money like £60+

Whats to stop someone fitting one of these upgrades in?

got my fleabay one today and yes it works perfect ! thanks for the link 4RE Leather :clap:

Fantastic so it just goes to show.

The only issue I have is they only come out every 2 years in September like I said.

The current one is 2012-2013.

I am just guessing the ones we bought are the 2012-2013 labled as a 2013.

Remind me at the end of September and I will see about getting you a 2013-2014. :)

Edited by 4RE Leather

got my fleabay one today and yes it works perfect ! thanks for the link 4RE Leather :clap:

Which system have you got and which disk did you buy?

I think its in the thread sarnie

If it was in the thread do you think I'd be asking this question???

We know what disc he's bought but not what system he has..............

just trying to help by saying which disk i bought

You have helped.

By saying which disk you bought now identifies the system you have, as it's written on the front of the disk:)

It's very confusing but glad you are up and running.

Edited by 4RE Leather

Ok I have done the Donkey work on this and have nothing more to contribute to the post.

There should be enough information for you all to be able to identify the systems you have.

But more important, where to get a working up to date copy without busting the bank:)

Edited by 4RE Leather

• 5 months later...

Topic resurrection.

Whats the latest bird view CD?

If i'm able to locate this I will happily share the wealth for a small fee.

The CD in my system currently is from 2003.

Note, CD not DVD.

EDIT: Bit more into, I currently have v5.1, is this the latest CD (2003)?

I know the CD is now obsolete its all on DVD now but just wanted the latest CD possible.

Edited by Hooch

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic so it just goes to show.

The only issue I have is they only come out every 2 years in September like I said.

The current one is 2012-2013.

I am just guessing the ones we bought are the 2012-2013 labled as a 2013.

Remind me at the end of September and I will see about getting you a 2013-2014. :)

Haven't you guys been busy since I posted. I thinhk I will wait until the end of Sept then :) The alternative is to rip the whole thing out and use it as a cubby hole, but that involves stuff I'm bound to get wrong....