birdview update

PKAT

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an old Birdview 5.1 system in my 54 plate & can't find an up-date or a set-up disc anywhere on the net all the suppliers say the DVD versions aren't compatible so you may be in the same boat as me I'm stuck with old maps & kilometres ( when I want miles ) so I'm busy trying to find an up-grade that all the steering controls work with but still fits in my chubby where the screen can be hidden from view.

I've got an old Birdview 5.1 system in my 54 plate & can't find an up-date or a set-up disc anywhere on the net all the suppliers say the DVD versions aren't compatible so you may be in the same boat as me I'm stuck with old maps & kilometres

The CD system hasn't been updated for many years, I don't think they were in great demand as Nissan wanted a staggering amount of cash for them, £500 or so. I once saw one that was claimed to be an update on EBay but that was a couple of years ago and it was obviously a copy too.

Pete

Just bin the whole system, it was cack 6 years ago when I had mine.

Mine used to think I was in a lake when I was on the Toll Road :wacko:

Of course it will.

If you don't update the disc every 2 years you are going to have problems.

Especially at the rate roads are being built.

Sat navs are not in real time and rely on up to date info.

nav trak and co pilot all update in September every 2 years and they have to buy the

info from ordinance Survey who as stated only release full uk map updates in September every 2nd year.

It takes them that long to get it sorted.

It was on Top gear a few years back.

Edited by 4RE Leather

Like I said type in ebay.

They even come up at £40 on Google.

Nissan wanted £350.

Loads of them out there.

The guys that u load the cars of the ships at Grimsby tend to borrow them

I'm from Grimsby, pity the disc won't go in a jap nav

from the Player and put them on ebay for us lol

Like I said type in ebay.

They even come up at £40 on Google.

Nissan wanted £350.

Loads of them out there.

The guys that u load the cars of the ships at Grimsby tend to borrow them

I'm from Grimsby, pity the disc won't go in a jap nav

from the Player and put them on ebay for us lol

Get ya but down to Imingham docks lol.

There is a guy with a hammer who calls himself quality control.

If any car fails to meet his standard he smacks it over the roof with the hammer and stick it back on the boat.

Once it's clobbered its an open market for parts.

Of course I know nothing of this and it could all be utter nonsence:)

Birdpoo is a load of rubbish, think about it, if you had a 4 year old TomTom it would be out of date let alone 6-10 years :surrender:

It will get you from A to B but if you want a good system with traffic, speed cams poi etc its never going to hit the spot

But who wants all that crap stuck in the window.

My screen is clear!

Coming into my little post having a go just because Chelsea came back from 2-0 down!

:stir:

Depends where you live I guess, we've had no new roads built around here for years. My house has been threatened with demolition since 2006 as the Welsh Government decided that the A55 should be widened to 3 lanes, not that I live that close mind you but they needed my land for access. Projections made from 2004 showed that by 2012 the A55 traffic would increase from 50,000 to 70,000 a day. In fact the volume of traffic is now at 43,000 a day, which is roughly what it was in 2000. Unless you live in the affluent south or in my case the affluent South Wales I don't think there'll be much roadbuilding in the near future.

Apart from that a bit of research reveals that there has never been an updated CD for the 350Z and you can't just rip the CD out and replace it with a Nissan DVD.

Pete

Depends where you live I guess, we've had no new roads built around here for years. My house has been threatened with demolition since 2006 as the Welsh Government decided that the A55 should be widened to 3 lanes, not that I live that close mind you but they needed my land for access. Projections made from 2004 showed that by 2012 the A55 traffic would increase from 50,000 to 70,000 a day. In fact the volume of traffic is now at 43,000 a day, which is roughly what it was in 2000. Unless you live in the affluent south or in my case the affluent South Wales I don't think there'll be much roadbuilding in the near future.

Apart from that a bit of research reveals that there has never been an updated CD for the 350Z and you can't just rip the CD out and replace it with a Nissan DVD.

Pete

I don't understand what you are on about,

The 2009-2011 did not show the latest extention to the M1 A1 link at bedford

The 2011-2013 one does?

I have had birds view in my last 3 vehicles and updated every disc.

2007-2009 does not show the M6 Toll road.

2009-2011 does.

Why don't you believe me?